Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Creation Team

iLLUNis

Game Creation Team

:shock: Afternoon....yep.... ops:

Game Creation Team

I'll try to join at noon too

Game Creation Team

So we're talking Sat. Nov. 23, at 12:00pm GMT? I'll see if I can make it, but that's like 7:00am my time, not sure I'm gonna be able to drag my butt outta bed... I mean after all it is almost 1:00am now.

P.S. My buddy said the preview edition of Groove is absolutely free to use, allows for 3 workspaces, with 5 sections/tools in each (things like pinboards, forums, schedule calenders, file sections, etc.). It even lets you chat within the environment and tracks user status. After using it myself for some time now I've found it to be a great resource, and it doesn't require eveyone to be on at once, it saves all the shared data locally. Anyone even remotely interested in using it?

Edit: I went ahead and created a workspace for us (since it's free), if anyone is interested go ahead and download Groove v2.1 (Preview Edition) and create an account. Then let me know by posting here and I'll send an invite to the shared space so you can check it out. I think it's worth the download... what can it hurt to try?
    My DGDev forum pascal syntax highlight settings:
    <br />[background=#FFFFFF][comment=#8080FF][normal=#000080]
    <br />[number=#C00000][reserved=#000000][string=#00C000]

Game Creation Team

I'll be there at 12:00 (GMT) !

Hope to see a lot of you guys, I was in the chat with Momor last time and it was really nice to talk to him real-time... So until this afternoon!
    Do it by the book, but be the author!
    <br />
    <br />Visit the Lion Productions website at:
    <br />http://lionprod.f2o.org

Game Creation Team

Hey that thread is really too quiet, I must tell you what happened !

TheLion, Xorcist , Bluecat and myself had a nice chat last saturday at noon (and yes, Worcist WAS awaken )

Unfortunately, we were expecting a bit more of people on this chat (Illunis ?). Anyway, if you are interested, I can send you the transcript of the chat.

We were all convinced in making a 2D platformer. Xorcist suggested us to use the Groove team tool, and it really looks like a very good one (and very slow to download for a 56K modem !!! :twisted: )

Since we were not really decided about the game concept, we first thought we could work on a generic 2D platform engine. The Delphi version should be v6, and the SDL library is one of the best candidate.

That's it for now. I'm currently finishing my Groove configuration. Anyone interested in joining the team please ask ! We are currently more looking for artist/game designer than for a programmer, but in any case you'll be welcome !

iLLUNis

Game Creation Team

I had a chat with Xorcist also.....a bit later though....early in the morning i would say....anyway i am in there and i have already setup the Groove thingy.....i was chatting with Xorcist and it seems like a nice idea that probably BlueCat could make an anouncement about new members and as lond as we are happy we could get a kick start on the project.....

Game Creation Team

Just to add a quick remark, we'd like to try and get all the members as soon as possible (before actualy work begins). Once we start adding files to the shared project space it can get quite large. Though the day to day transfer requirements are pretty low, and current members won't see much of a hassel, it can become a very large download for new members who want to join the Groove workspace. So if you are interested in joining the team, make it known quick, so we can get you in the doors with as little overhead as possible. Thanks
    My DGDev forum pascal syntax highlight settings:
    <br />[background=#FFFFFF][comment=#8080FF][normal=#000080]
    <br />[number=#C00000][reserved=#000000][string=#00C000]

Game Creation Team

I've started downloading this Groove thing. It's 26MB!! See ya next week...
    [size=10px][ Join us in #pgd on irc.freenode.net ] [ Sign the Petition for a Software Patent Free Europe ][/size]

Game Creation Team

Hello........hello..... ello....lo.....o...

Anybody in here....... nybody in here........in here..... er....

*Seeing spider webbings all over the place*

Where did everybody go?

It sure is quiet in here.... :?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast