Thread: Anyone think this is a legitimate request?

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Anyone think this is a legitimate request?

This is the second mail I've received from this company.

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith of Advanced Medical Certification
    Hello,

We are following up regarding the link on http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...0285-Dorthy761 to our site Hyperlink to their company website - Removed. We appreciate your efforts to promote our website; however, we have received notification from Google that our site does not comply with their terms.

We wish to seek reconsideration as soon as possible and must have this link removed in order to bring our site into compliance. Please note, as part of our reconsideration request, we have to report to Google any link we are unable to remove.

Please remove our link from this page and any other page on your site.

Thank You,
    John Smith
    I feel like sending an email back saying "I wouldn't need to remove bad links if you didn't indulge in dubious web practices such as spamming your links everywhere"

Or maybe I should point out that since the site has been back up, that dodgy user doesn't exist any more and they really should check their facts

Spammers... don't you just love them!!!
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

I think it might be ligitimate request.
    If you go and check their site using domain tools you will se that they have reached SEO score of 90%. This indicates that they would like their site to be placed on top of serch results. And to achieve this on google search engine you need to make sure that your site is not linking to to many other non relavant sites and that not to many other non relavant sites link to yours. Wheter the site is relavant or not is determined by the site contents and from where do most uses come to that site.

Anywhay if you do decide to reply to them I still recomend using some caution. Use PGD mail so you don't expose your personal E-Mail adress to them in case they are connected to some spammers.
    You can tell them that link to their site was in some user profile which was created by a spam bot. And becouse user profile was deleted recently it will take google some time to notice that there is no longer such link on our site.

As far as I can see, the links here don't have rel=nofollow attribute, so putting a link here is (was) a good way to get higher rank on google. Maybe this company put here a fake user to get a "follow" backlink. Now google penalizes the webpages with a large number of backlincks from sites that aren't closely related, so this company is trying to remove them to recover from the google penalization
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
    As far as I can see, the links here don't have rel=nofollow attribute, so putting a link here is (was) a good way to get higher rank on google. Maybe this company put here a fake user to get a "follow" backlink. Now google penalizes the webpages with a large number of backlincks from sites that aren't closely related, so this company is trying to remove them to recover from the google penalization
    That is exactly my view... they paid to get backlinks.

Anyhow, the link is already gone, it was one of the spammy users I cleaned out while transferring the site
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::