Thread: Turbo Pascal Compiler

Turbo Pascal Compiler

Yes, there is a guy who wrote a Turbo Pascal Compiler in JavaScript:
    http://www.teamten.com/lawrence/proj...scal_compiler/
    This is rather awesome ...
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Just... wow. Text-only would be interesting, but graphics using <canvas> blew my mind.

that IS rather awesome!

Mind you, I couldn't figure out how to actually run any of the programs on the JS pascal compiler even after reading the instructions...

cheers,
    Paul

awesome , but very slow
    couldn't figure out how to actually run any of the programs on the JS pascal compiler even after reading the instructions..
    just copy/paste in the source editor

Press 'D' for listing the files. Press 'W' for the work file and enter the filename, e.g. 'rose.pas'. After the file is being loaded press 'R'.
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

When I tried using this on my work computer I also couldn't run anything. Everytime I entered the filename and pressed enter cursor just skipped to next line instead of causing the file to be loaded. It works OK on my home computer.
    Based on the fact that our work computers don't have updated software on them (don't ask me why) I suspect that this might be related with which version of JavaScript is supported by your browser.
    Now I don't have acces to the work computer at the moment, but if you need I can post some more information about it when I get back to work tomorow.

I guess for that HTML5 canvas thingy best browsers are Firefox or Chrome. Didn't use IE for years ...
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Quote Originally Posted by Cybermonkey View Post
    Press 'D' for listing the files. Press 'W' for the work file and enter the filename, e.g. 'rose.pas'. After the file is being loaded press 'R'.
    Thanks, that works...it is slow though, but very neat