Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to PGD! Make your first post here in this thread

Good day

Hoping to get some answers here for a problem I am having for some time, and nothing works.

Unable to get freepascal and lua to play along, and as much as I want to use pascal, if i cannot get it to work, i will have to learn c in order to do what i need to do.

Dilan

Second attempt.

Need help to get freepascal and lua to work together. Since the first post, I managed to get freepascal to load lua. Now I am trying to load a freepascal module using lua. I know it can be done using C either way, and I managed to get half way so far with fpc.

Talking Hello!!!!!

Hi everybody.
    My name is Maximiliano, im from Argentina.
    My english is poor, but hope can you understand me.

Hello, new people. I hope you'll make great games.
    No signature provided yet.

hello there! welcome. no one will judge you for your poor english .

Smile Salutations all! Old pascal dog trying to (re)learn some old and new tricks.

Cut my pascal teeth on Borland Turbo Pascal 5.x-ish, spent a few decades in IT doing everything but coding for a living. Getting long in the tooth now and been toying with the idea of moving back into coding. Been toying with Delphi and Lazarus for the last few weeks trying to refresh my long defunct memory. :-) Also considering getting more into full stack web dev since I have some experience with JavaScript, but I love the power and flexibility of compiled languages and was very happy to see that pascal still has an active community (considering its age and newer languages that are trying to hammer more nails into the coffins of the old school languages {COBOL will live forever lol}). Look forward to getting to know everyone. Happy coding.

Quote Originally Posted by ivorybishop View Post
    but I love the power and flexibility of compiled languages and was very happy to see that pascal still has an active community (considering its age and newer languages that are trying to hammer more nails into the coffins of the old school languages {COBOL will live forever lol})
    Welcome to PGD!
    While Pascal is an old language you will quickly find out that new pascal dialects like Delphi and FeePascal actually have tons of new features that you can also see in other modern languages like, Wide Strings (UniCode string support,) Advanced Reference Counting (mainly for mobile platforms in Delphi), Enumerations (for in loops) Generics, Multiple Inheritance, Inline variable declaration (newest Delphi versions) and more.
    So getting back from Turbo Pascal era will require you to learn a lot of new things. But don't let this discourage you. If you loved Turbo Pascal I'm sure you will at lest like modern Pascal dialects. There still isn't a thing that you could do in other languages but could not do in modern Pascal Dialects.

By the way we also have Discord server (Athena's Pad) set up so feel free to join us there. There is more activity there as it is here on the site.

PLAYASUNKNOWN
    Hello there!

vietmartt

hello

hello

Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast