Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to PGD! Make your first post here in this thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ravenis

First post

Hello.
    I decided to join this community, since I've been developing roguelike MMORPG for some time now with Delphi.

-Ravenis

Thumbs up Hello World!

First Post and I am a New Challenger!

Greetings!

Krom

For some reason I have to post here ... posting.

Makes me wonder, if so strict registration rules were made to fight off decay or caused it?

Hi Krom. Welcome.

This is mostly to avoid SPAM and such bad people.
    No signature provided yet.

Not only to avoid SPAM but also to reduce the number of false or unused member accounts.
    You se at certain point PGD forums had over 800K user accounts registered and most of them did not have a single post posted. What is worse is that most of them were also created by various SPAM-bots that managed to overcome first few security measures. So at peak times they were even up to 800 user accounts created each day.

Now you can imagine that storing information for 800K accounts does take up quite some storage space on the server and could even cause performance drop of the database that is used behind the forum software.

I know that you may think that such strict registration rules might be deterring people from joining our community. But that is definitely better than having entire forum filled with SPAM.
    And to give you a better idea of amount of SPAM that we had before. Back in the days before the registration rules were so strict it was necessary for me and other moderators to spend even up to 2 hours a day cleaning all that SPAM and deleting the SPAM related accounts.

As for "decay" I think the main cause for this is lack of new content on the site. And this is mostly caused by the fact that most of us no longer have as much time for game development as we used to have

First Post/Just Joined

Hello All.

This is my first post. I was glad to find this site. I was concerned that Pascal was going the way of the dinosaur. Looking forward to seeing, sharing and learning more about it with regards to game development, as well as just general Pascal usage.

i've been using Pascal off and on for years, particularly with Delphi.

Hi everyone I'd like to join the forum as I want to make games in pascal and join the community.

Hi I'm from Denmark.

Just picked up FreePascal/Lazarus after 15+ years pause from programming
    Interested in nxPascal but cannot find any posts about how to use it.

Hello

Hello, my name is Mike Wiering and I used to be a member of this forum, but wasn't able to log in anymore so I registered again

Anyway, I used to work with Turbo Pascal and Delphi a lot in the past, but now I mostly use Haxe.

domenico.mammola

Hello forum

Hi,
    I am writing from Italy, ex professional Delphi programmer for 15 years, now Java programmer.
    I am currently looking at Lazarus/Freepascal for some personal projects as I still love pascal.

Domenico

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast