Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool Verification

Hello all,
    It's Coldzer0

Happy to be here ^_^
    You can check some of my work here https://github.com/Coldzer0

I've been using Pascal since 2006
    Most of my work in low level related

Hi all! I'm furious programming from Poland and I have been involved in gamedev in Pascal for a long time. Currently, for two years I have been working on an ultimately commercial game (retro-style, action-adventure), creating its engine from scratch, using Free Pascal (Lazarus) and the SDL library. I still have ~3 years of work ahead of me).

@rossi Welcome to PGD!

Smile Salutations all! Old pascal dog trying to (re)learn some old and new tricks.

Cut my pascal teeth on Borland Turbo Pascal 5.x-ish, spent a few decades in IT doing everything but coding for a living. Getting long in the tooth now and been toying with the idea of moving back into coding. Been toying with Delphi and Lazarus for the last few weeks trying to refresh my long defunct memory. :-) Also considering getting more into full stack web dev since I have some experience with JavaScript, but I love the power and flexibility of compiled languages and was very happy to see that pascal still has an active community (considering its age and newer languages that are trying to hammer more nails into the coffins of the old school languages {COBOL will live forever lol}). Look forward to getting to know everyone. Happy coding.

Quote Originally Posted by ivorybishop View Post
    but I love the power and flexibility of compiled languages and was very happy to see that pascal still has an active community (considering its age and newer languages that are trying to hammer more nails into the coffins of the old school languages {COBOL will live forever lol})
    Welcome to PGD!
    While Pascal is an old language you will quickly find out that new pascal dialects like Delphi and FeePascal actually have tons of new features that you can also see in other modern languages like, Wide Strings (UniCode string support,) Advanced Reference Counting (mainly for mobile platforms in Delphi), Enumerations (for in loops) Generics, Multiple Inheritance, Inline variable declaration (newest Delphi versions) and more.
    So getting back from Turbo Pascal era will require you to learn a lot of new things. But don't let this discourage you. If you loved Turbo Pascal I'm sure you will at lest like modern Pascal dialects. There still isn't a thing that you could do in other languages but could not do in modern Pascal Dialects.

By the way we also have Discord server (Athena's Pad) set up so feel free to join us there. There is more activity there as it is here on the site.

Supoer84
    hi everyone nice to join

Welcome to the club rossi!

Cool GLScene newbee, Delphi veteran

Hello all,
    I'm programming in Pascal for over 25 years now. Started in Turbo Pascal, switched to Delphi 5 and now I'm at Delphi Ria (10.3).
    Developing a tool to easily assemble our rollercoasters from scratch took a lot of time. Drawing lines and circles on a canvas...

Now I'm starting to develop a robot simulation program to help our engineers in visualizing the production process. Starting of in the complete new world of GLScene! First I want to build an engine that feels comfortable viewing from every site of the model. After that the manipulation of the model.

Cheers!

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast