Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to PGD! Make your first post here in this thread

karraksc

Lightbulb First Post, A Star pathing in game

I know this is only my first post, but I have been coding in Pascal/Delphi for years and enjoy it (Much better than C++)

I have been working on a helper for the game Hero Online and am interested in adding A-Star pathfinding to it. I have tried
    several different examples of pathfinding and have a basic shell working, only quirk still is that it isn't working as smoothly
    as I would like. I am trying to get it to move the char in as human-like a manner as possible, which is my biggest headache.

Hi karraksc and welcome to PGD!
    I hope your stay here will be as pleasant as posible.

As for your problems with pathfinding. What bothers you the most?

Cool Hello world :)

Hi, I'm Yevghen from Ukraine, Kyiv.
    Programming in Lazarus. Now working on a FOSS TBS/RPG game 'Project Helena' and have an upcoming project of FOSS phased plot-based RPG 'Decoherence 1'.

Hi!

Hi all!
    I'm glad to be member of this forum.

itusan

Cool Joined for Help!

I have been trying to work on a 2D script for a game I play on the computer. The game is really fun and I wanted to make a script to challenge myself, but I got snagged. I have joined this forum hoping to find someone who can help me finish the script I am working on.

I'm Itusan btw! And I hope I can find this place to be like home.

itusan

Whats UP!

I already made a new member post, but apprently the forums didn't register it... so here we go again!

I'm Itusan, I started coding along time ago, but have never been very good at it. I am currently taking Computer Logic & Computer Literacy courses in college to better myself. I came here to see if I can get help with a script I've been working on for a long time, but can't make forward progress. I hope I enjoy it here!

Quote Originally Posted by itusan View Post
    I already made a new member post, but apprently the forums didn't register it... so here we go again!
    Hi!

The forum did register your post, but the post remained moderated, therefore not seen to public, until one of the forum moderators (in this case it was me) approved it. So now both of your posts are approved. All you have to do is browse through the forums a bit more for aoutorpomotion system to kick in and unmoderate you so you will be able to freely post around.

BTW welcome to PGD. I hope your stay here will be as pleasant as posible.

hi

Being directed to post a new thread here for activating my account, but for now posting new thread is not active.
    I do not know if replying instead will work.
    Thanks.

Smile Greetings

Hello,

I am Dominik from Denmark. I have been writing a lot of games in Pascal and Delphi many years ago, and wanted to start one of my projects up again. So I a hope to find some sparring here - specially with DelphiX :-)

Looking forward to "meeting" you and exchanging tips and ideas!
    /Dominik

Hi all!
    I'm glad to be member of this forum.

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast