Quote Originally Posted by Sogcelak View Post
@User137
That will be implemented in the program, but first I need to optimize other things. If I want to add capitalized characters into the pool of characters my program uses, then it adds another 23 characters and it will make things a hell lot slower even without the NextChar function.

@Athena
That's a really cool guide you have written but erm... The basics, you say?? Unfortunately for me I could understand it until the second page, and there were things I didn't understand on the first page too(VCL thread??, TDXTimer??). It's just too advanced stuff for me. I don't know most of these functions. I don't know how classes handle these public and protected stuffs, or what's that constructor thing, how does inheriting work, what the hell does "try", "except", and "finally" do etc...etc... Hell, I don't even know how the OS exactly handles multithreading. How am I supposed to tell it how to do it, if I don't even know how it should be working? And finally, I also have no idea about how exactly can I use multithreading to fasten up this program. My program does one thing, and it is trying all different combinations of characters, so I don't see what tasks I could give to another thread. See I'm having difficulties with understanding the most basic things about multithreading, that's why I said I needed to study it a bit before I can implement it in my program.
I think you need to have a look here. It's a Delphi "starters" site, were most of the language is explained. It is not very updated to last Delphi version, but the basics are there.