Thread: Turtle Games/Klaus Vor der Landwehr - Canopus

Turtle Games - Canopus

Canopus is a top down space shooter with story and atmosphere. You may think of it as a hybrid of Wing Commander gameplay and Star Control II vessels.

You can make your way through campaigns, but you can also try your hand at mastering casual arcade maps.

The combat sim includes full 2D-collision and provides bullit time for the brave beginner.

All the ships, weapons and missiles are no textured modells but pixel art by hand.

The basic version of the game is free and includes an updater. One can buy DLC-campaigns, as far as those are published and, what is also important, translated into English already.

If you want to try the game please visit our WEBSITE and follow the download link.

We are a small indie dev team from Germany, and Canopus is a zero budget project.

Last edited by klausvdl; 23-08-2018 at 04:29 PM.

Pretty nice game I must say.
    Graphics look verry nice. I like how the game uses Parallax scrolling to add depth perception.
    Music is simple but fitting to the game theme. I also like how it changes based on game state (different music when you are fightin enemies).
    Controlls are quite good even thou at first the default key alocations seem a bit unusual but you quickly get acustomed to them.
    I also like how all ingame cinematics are done with the game itself (scripted scenes).
    I like that the game also comes with a built in editor. But I couldn't managed to figure out on how to use it correctly.

Only drawback I found with this game is that becouse it is made by German developers not all campaign texts are translated. So you end up with "kein text" all over the place.
    Now I don't speak German but several members of PGD do so maybe it might not be a bad idea to ask them for help with game translations.

In short I think this is a game with huge potential. So I definitly recomend you to give it a try.

Additional information

The game is now called No One's Space. (We wanted to avoid legal conflicts.)
    A demo version is no longer available (no download), because at the end of the month we will show the game on Steam Greenlight, to hopefully reach the next level.

Thanks to ...
    Relfos - http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...pascal-headers
    End - http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/showthread.php?23411-SDL-2-0-for-Pascal

All the ships, weapons and missiles are no textured modells but pixel art by hand.
    This adds a lot to the charm of many games which not necessarily need 3d models. Impressive game and artwork.

Post mortem

The rumors are true: this game project has been abandoned finally.
    Unfortunately the team broke up and the company (constituted under civil law) has been dissolved early in 2017.
    There still is a somewhat good-looking corpse lying in the internet, but I'm not in possession of those websites.

Nevertheless I'm in possession of the code, of which more later

Thanks for now!

Post mortem

Rumors are true: unfortunately this game project has been abandoned finally. The team broke up and the company (constituted under civil law) has been dissolved early in 2017.
    I know, there's a somewhat good looking game-corpse lying in the internet to this day, but those websites are not in my possession.
    But I'm still in possession of my code. And I have in mind to use it. More on that later.

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, that's a dam shame because I was pretty impressed when I originally saw it.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Quote Originally Posted by klausvdl View Post
    Rumors are true: unfortunately this game project has been abandoned finally. The team broke up and the company (constituted under civil law) has been dissolved early in 2017.
    I know, there's a somewhat good looking game-corpse lying in the internet to this day, but those websites are not in my possession.
    But I'm still in possession of my code. And I have in mind to use it. More on that later.
    I wonder, can you write more about the story on how failure of the company happened? i think too many people write about gamedev successes and too few about failures, i'd love to know what happened and we can all learn somethin
    This is my game project - Top Down City:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...y-Topic-Reboot

My OpenAL audio wrapper with Intelligent Source Manager to use unlimited:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...source+manager

Quote Originally Posted by AthenaOfDelphi View Post
    Well, that's a dam shame because I was pretty impressed when I originally saw it.
    I totally agree!