Quote Originally Posted by User137 View Post
It gets couple hundred downloads every now and then, but that's about it. I blame the smallness of pascal gaming community I know some things of RPG maker myself, and been scripting something for it on someone elses project.

RPG Maker is software very clearly, not an engine.
I was confused when you said that. Then I looked at your nxPascal project, and I realize we have a terminology confusion issue.

As I understand the terminology, what you have is "very clearly not an engine;" it's a library for game development. A game engine is a program that takes game data and interprets it in order to play a game, in which the basic content of the game is determined by the data and not by the program.

If we build community engine, it could be used to make a new RPG maker-kind of software package, but in my opinion it shouldn't be part of the main engine. I don't personally have much interest for Zelda type 2D-games, but i know many do. I wouldn't want to restrict the engine to anything at least. I think RTS genre made 3D and things like that can have potential still, but there are many more types. Most exciting ones are propably the ones nobody has thought before.
Yeah. You're thinking of building a library. That's something very, very different.