Thread: Site Load Times

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    After some more observation and more testing I see that the only problem is that initial pause.
    I suspect that the reason for that pause is the limit of concurent connections that are alowed on server are reached so you actually have to wait for one of active connections to be freed up so server can handle your page request.
    But on the other hand shouldn't GoDaddy load our page to multiple physical servers and then take care for load balancing automatically? Becouse current behavior definitly points to load balancing problems.

EDIT: There is deffinitly some isue with load balancing and cross-server synchronization. How I know that? When I posted this unedited post I could not se it in the thread as it was never posted (I gues at that time page was feed from different physical server to me). So I had to refresh webpage a few times.
    Also I saw that yesterday laggyluk has posted same post twice and then deleted the second one. So I suspect that after he posted the first post for the he also didn't see it posted (similar as me) so he post it again and then realized that he double-posted when page showed him both posts.

EDIT2: It happened again. And I have noticed that when it happned again site was loaded just fine without any delay but the site wasn't up to date. So I would gues that one of GoDaddy's physical server is having a hard time. This prevents page from loading in proper time and probably prefents proper cross-server synchronization.

So I gues it might not be a bad idea of contacting GoDaddy about these isues as they are probably somewhere on their side.
    Last edited by SilverWarior; 14-06-2014 at 08:27 AM.