Thread: PGD Login Issues

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    I used to get the bad redirect (missing the www) pretty much every single login up until quite recently. As for the weird tags - if you get errors or hung pages or things like that on other pages I'd do a test for packet loss or weird things on the data from the adsl with wireshark as I know that whenever it rains and the noise margins change a bit (we have our telco cable underground here in the UK) I get a couple hung pages with weird formatting and funny characters here and there for a few minutes until the modem resynchronizes with the exchange at a slightly lower data rate (as in 18700kbps can be a page of garbage and 18560kbps can be fine).

That said - PGD has been doing some weird things of late: the 503s and reaaaaly long load times are mostly gone now but every now and then (every day or two) I'll run into some database error, or a page that wont load and the like. Though I will say that it is a lot better than the last few weeks.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As I said in a different thread, I'm going to let it settle down a little and have another round of investigation. To be brutally honest I think it's a consequence of the hosting. It's great having unlimited disk space and bandwidth, but that comes at the price of being on a massively shared infrastructure... all it takes is one client on the server to be having a hard day and everyone else suffers.

Step by step, I'll get there
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

@AthenaofDelphi I tried clearing my cache but still the same issue. I don't know if it is because I'm going to pascalgamedevelopment.com and not www.pascalgamedevelopment,com?

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    @AthenaofDelphi I tried clearing my cache but still the same issue. I don't know if it is because I'm going to pascalgamedevelopment.com and not www.pascalgamedevelopment,com?
    It is. I get the same problem without www. No problems when using www though.
    Existence is pain

Quote Originally Posted by de_jean_7777 View Post
    It is. I get the same problem without www. No problems when using www though.
    I can also confirm that. Just tested it out.

Thanks for confirming that guys