Athena, indeed, there's no point of having flaming wars (well, not really a flamewar, but still, there's some conflict)
What I understand now, the focus is let the PGD community work together in their own creation.
That is a very different concept from just contributing to an open source project.

I would say to go forward with this, it will be a great learning experience and would be interesting to see what comes out of it

The only thing that really irks me is saying "no existing powerful pascal engines" or "no documentation" or "the only thing that exists is something simple done by single developers", "there is really anything like this and this really needs to be made", because not necessarly true.

And it seems some people seemed to really be against I offering a non-free engine, but you have to understand this is not a simple engine, it is a very powerful and complex engine that took almost a decade to make, if anything I would use the money to buy more test devices, as you probably know, there is lots of fragmentation on mobile stuff.
If you guys reach a point that you'lll start doing advanced things with mobile graphics like I did you'll understand that having lots of different hardware to test is essential. I invested at least 2000$ into this engine, not only in hardware, but also software, I recruited developers to write some advanced stuff like FBX or TTF font support, this is far from an hobbyist project. And still, in the end, I decided to make it full free to use, so it really makes me sad that barely no one is interested on it.

Anyway, go forward with this and feel free to ask me any stuff you guys need