Thread: About the goal of this engine

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

About the goal of this engine

I just saw this news, can I ask, does not one here know about www.pascalgameengine.com?
    Actively developed, supports all common pascal compilers (Delphi from 7 and up, FPC and even Oxygene has a kinda experimental port).
    Supports all major platforms, Windows, OSX, Linux, iOS, Android and even OUYA.
    There is a experimental PSVita port and there are plans to support Windows Phone 8, Flash and JS too via a custom made compiler (already partly done).

Not only this engine is actively developed and has been used in various comercial game projects (all by me, sadly), it supports all kind of stuff that a game engine needs to have (input, audio, networking, artificial inteligence, video playback, webcamera, localization) it is not only a graphics engine like most other alternative solutions.

One of the main objectives was to require as few dependencies as possible. Right now it only needs OpenGL to run, and optionally OpenAL if you want sound.
    It is fully integrated with the Steam API too, something that you won't find even on engines from other languages.

This project was done over 8 years, so I ask, is there any point of doing an alternative from zero?
    The last time I updated the site was 2 years ago, because no one really contacted me about it so I though no one was interested on making pascal games
    I work mostly full time on this engine and my game, so to say that there are no actively game engines for pascal is not true at all.

Do you guys want to spend years making yet another pascal engine or would prefer to just make some cool games?
    Or if you are really interested in making engines, why not help me instead?

This picture kinda explains what I think about this...

Last edited by Relfos; 03-07-2014 at 10:14 PM.
    www.pascalgameengine.com - Crossplatform 3D game engine