Thread: Modified TEdit?

Modified TEdit?

Can anyone make version of TEdit that can show any text character as "text cursor"/caret/whatever it's called instead of standard bar (|)?

I haven't tried anything like this but not long ago I have seen someone requesting similar thing on Stack Owerflow.
    You can check the SO thread here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...e-edit-control
    I hope this will help.

OK. I've got it to work a bit and I've got somewhat nice, dos-like underscore, but now curious thing happen: When I move mouse outside edit, caret moves back to top (had to move it bit downwards) and turns into um... overscore (is that even a word). Here's my code:

Code:
    procedure TStoryProcessor.cmdMouseDown(Sender: TObject; Button: TMouseButton;
      Shift: TShiftState; X, Y: Integer);
    var  point:TPoint;
    begin
      //set caret
      CreateCaret(cmd.Handle,0,16,2);
      GetCaretPos(point);
      SetCaretPos(point.x,point.y+20);
      ShowCaret(cmd.Handle);

end;
    I've even tried to put it into OnMouseLeave of edit, but to no result.
    Last edited by Darkhog; 18-08-2014 at 03:56 PM.

I found a page with code example of how to change the default caret for TEdit. I haven't tested it out so I'm not sure it works. But go and check it out.
    http://www.delphitips.net/2009/02/17...or-in-editbox/

why not a combobox? that way you could do something like zork with history of previous commands

Pitfiend, because I don't want to make it easy for the player.

Should it be retro like? Then why not use pure Freepascal with ptcgraph?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Well, it is supposed to be semi-retro. I want to revive a genre, not move backwards.