Thread: Sprite Engine Collision, cmRadius , always colliding

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Glad to see you are progressing.

This forum has a positive effect on me just by posting here I sometimes solve my own problems...

... and I also took a 3 hour walk in the City to clear my head.... after that ...it just hit me...

CollisionPos is always the center of the sprite I'm checking for collision, and I must update it onMove ,...because it is constantly moving... makes sense now.
    Also radius for a circle that fits into a 32x32 square is 16...that works to now.

I did the Editor, now I'm working in Lazarus IDE . I've cut back on a lot of features, last time I think I did the huge mistake of wanting to do everything at once, and dying painfully in the end.

My current goals are, scrolling map, waves of enemies coming at me , firing at enemies, enemies have different hit points some take 1 hit, some 2 or 3... my ship has 3 lifes...

I enemy ship type 1 gives 25 point , type 2 50 etc.... every 1000 points you get an extra life... game will have I hope 3-4 levels...
    A nice menu...with information...I'm thinking about doing a comic style briefing before each mission, nothing to fancy...

Right now with the scrolling done, and the collision working, I have everything but the artwork...

so I'm drawing right now.

Level01 is done, going from Earth to Moon Base...

Greetings
    Rob

Welcome back Robert
    Glad to hear it is working so far