Thread: Steamworks pascal headers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks phibermon!

Sadly many people still think pascal is a joke language, almost everywhere in the net I find comments about it...
    Hopefully people like us will continue making nice projects to show that it is very powerful language.

Now I just wish I had more free time so I could contribute to other pascal projects, especially FPC.
    Also I was now reading the news about the PGD engine, and checked the repo. Maybe I can help a bit with it later, in some months, when I finally release Minimon in Steam, since I will have more time then
    www.pascalgameengine.com - Crossplatform 3D game engine

That is great news Relfos
    Just curious, what do you use to parse the C++ headers? I would be interested in looking at it if you could share?

I am really into parsers and stuff like that

cheers,
    Paul

Totally unexpected and really cool.

Paul, I did not parse C++ but rather C#, a bit easier

Since the whole API was in C++, to use it from pascal it was necessary to make another dll that wrapped the C++ calls with C.
    So I searched and one guy did a dll like that already, and provided C# bindings for it:
    https://github.com/rlabrecque/Steamworks.NET

I wrote a mini parser that just extracts the functions, enums and structs (and comments too when possible). Maybe later I'll add it to the rep, in case someone is interested on it.
    www.pascalgameengine.com - Crossplatform 3D game engine