Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steamworks pascal headers

Quote Originally Posted by Relfos View Post
    To become a Steamworks developer, right now it is a bit difficult. You have to pay 100$ to be able to put your game in Greenlight, that is basically a voting area for Steam players. The games with more votes are selected to go into Steam, and then you get an oficial invitation from Valve to become a partner.
    Based on that I gues that becoming a Steamworks developer for me is out of the question. I don't have any game yet that I could try to port to steam platform and proabably won't have for some time as development is going rather verry slow (still in early development or maybe I should say planning stage for a few ideas of mine).
    But if you build a test case a small aplication soley build to test the API I can try to compile it with never versions of Delphi and then send you the compiled binaries to test. But that would mean there would be no real means of proper debuging of these.

Well, I think it should fine on XE, since I'm using PAnsiChar everywhere.
    There are some String consts, but after checking it seems they are not used anywhere, it seems.
    www.pascalgameengine.com - Crossplatform 3D game engine

My FPC game was Greenlit as well.

I am looking forward to trying your headers!

Congratulations, what is your game?

Thanks.

It's a 2D ASCII shooter with scripted sequences and voiceovers, which was reskinned to have graphics. This didn't work too well, because people don't understand why you only shoot in 8 directions and need to line up with enemies, so for Steam version I'm going to polish the ASCII mode and make it default.
    Last edited by shihonage; 15-12-2015 at 08:40 AM.

Ok guys, so I just uploaded a new version of the headers, and added a SteamManager unit for those who had problems understanding how to call the SteamAPI.

Here's the link, you can find the 3 relevant files in the /headers folder
    https://github.com/Relfos/steamworks_wrappers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12