Okay, first about the error. Is this the latest patched version I released just last night, or an older one? Also is the error either 'Could not initialize Asphyre' or a problem such as 'Error loading track %s, error code "X"'? The latter gives me something to go on, but I skimped on the initialization debug code.

Missile evasion is largely just turning and either going forwards or backwards. There's a debug key in there, numpad 5, that stops you instantly which would help, but it really isn't designed in. A good hint would be that the missiles are a bit slower to turn than you are, but that the interceptors are the deadliest of course.

I may or may not implement the idea with the star layers, I've done it before, but I'm not sure I'll continue with this concept much further then getting something stable and perhaps a little more polished. This was sorta a rewrite so that I could close the project out right, instead of just dropping it when some folks were watching it.

This is actually my first non-vaporware/non-stealthware/released project that I've done, so I'm pretty impressed that it is as good as it is after only a week of work on it. The idea behind this kinda died out on me after a little bit, it is boring after all, but I decided it was simple enough to give it a fair go and finish it off. I'm going to be moving late next month, so I'm also trying to shape it up and release it fully as MPL 1.1 licensed so others can learn from my good parts and mistakes.