You're a simple freighter pilot, flying a short 9-5 route to put food on the table for your family. One day you accidentally bump a corporate executive, that you didn't even know was in your path. You learned this when he screamed "Just die already!" into the comm channel, and fired a torpedo at you. Being a pacifist, and unarmed in the first place, you did the only thing you could do: began fleeing like a maniac.

Okay... enough plot for a simple arcade game.

Sorry, but the missiles are currently dots, but are colored so you can distinguish among them. My only reccommendation to you is to, duh, not get hit. The missiles are a bit slow, but it can get quite hard later on. Beware that the missiles start in random locations around you, and random distances, and random types, but there are always three to start off with. Don't forget that your spaceship has a reverse.

All I ask of you is that you:
[list=1][*]Report bugs[*]Report system configurations[*]Comment on the playability, balancing and so on.[/list]

Otherwise it's 100% free and currently closed source. When I release a final version I will then release the game as open source under the MPL 1.1 for you all to read yourself.

What didn't make it in? Two main points: the highscores and an online highscores listing. But that's alright, I'll add those later.

Because the game pauses when you get blown to pieces, I suggest that you alt+tab and brag about your scores, especially if you start breaking 1,000. Currently you will see debug information on both the right and left hand side of the screen, but they will disappear should you disable the "showfps" option. Because I haven't thought of a way to show life graphically that actually looks decent, I'll add it in later, it's just a counter currently. Points also needs a better counter, but I'll handle that in a subsequent version. Don't forget to try different standard resolutions, 800x600 and up to about 1280x1024 tops, and double check that there aren't bugs in things like the credits.

Download it now!

For those with graphical skills, as you can see I could probably use a spaceship graphic, along with graphics for the missiles. All they are are rendered top-down alpha transparent PNGs. If you wish to help just let me know, and I'd be glad to have the assistance.