Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sudoku solver program, do it like a human!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    Hmm that is strange. I will however forward this information to site administrator.
    Thanks for that.

Anyway, right now I'm thinking about a recursive approach to build the chain itself, a function would call itself for each candidate from 1-9 and build a chain of strong links which would return an array at the end which I could then easily check for possibilities. Well, it definitely sounds more simple than it is , but I think this will be most efficient way because with recursion I can ignore factors such as how many instances of the candidate exists and what's the relation of every single one of them to all the others which would just further complicate and add completely unnecessary loops into the procedure. Aaaand I need to step up my recursion capabilities anyway because I've never really written anything recursive harder than a factorial, lol.

Ugh, this is a mess. I'm seriously considering that I'm rewriting the entire code in Object Pascal right now. I think I'm going to get used to that faster than I get around all the BS I encounter without it and I'm going to need it anyway when I want to create an interface for it. It will be million times easier to do the interface if I have to draw the properties of already existing objects, than to create new ones based on the tremendous amount of data, it would take eons to debug that.

Quote Originally Posted by audioinstinct View Post
    It will be million times easier to do the interface if I have to draw the properties of already existing objects, than to create new ones based on the tremendous amount of data, it would take eons to debug that.
    I think that it will be easier to debug that is unless you don't create to big a mess with objects in the first place (yes you can do that).

Anywhay if you will need any help with classes (class inheritence, method inheritance, property inheritance, getter and setter methods of properties, some data reusability with external classes and data forwarding) do let me know and I'll help as best as I can.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12