Quote Originally Posted by Vinzvega View Post
When you speak about your UI library, you build it upon which framework ? OpenGL ?
The basc design of my UI library is not to directly interface with graphical API's but instead with already built graphical engines. This is done through special abstract layer which serves as interface between my UI library and the graphical engine being used. This would hopefully alo it to be used with most graphical engines out there wheter they are pascal based or not.
So in a way it is more like an extension for existing graphical engines. The reason why I chose this approach is that at the time when I was starting to work on it there were several good pascal based graphical engines available like Asphyre Sphinx 3 or ZenGL.

So basically I'm focusing on high level development. I will leave midle level development (special abstract layer) to the developers or users of specific graphical engines since they have best knowledge of them. It would probably be posible to even develop the middle layer so that it directly interfaces with graphical API's for certain things.

Anywhay I'm afraid I'm still far from finishing it. It turned out to be much more difficult than I imagined, and my original design has already been replaced a few times