Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: GUNS - Reloaded

GUNS - Reloaded

Traveller, I saw your post about that earlier tonight. So I've downloaded it. Seems OK too, just trying to generate a SWF movie.

It might be a little rough around the edges and it's very dull.. Peter Jackson, I aint

GUNS - Reloaded

Damnit!.. I just can't seem to get a decent framerate when I'm playing back the recording.

Blog Entries

GUNS - Reloaded

Are you trying to capture it while running from the compiler? I found that doing so in FRAPS caused a major lag in GQ while executing from Laz. It seems that the debugger really gets in the way here.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

GUNS - Reloaded

No, from a compiled Exe.

It's just not capturing fast enough or something.. I dunno.

I'll try again in a couple of days, right now I'm off to PARTEY

Catch up with you guys in the New Year.

Have a good one.

GUNS - Reloaded

What I once did was put my TV out from my graphics card to my TV in from my TV card. This way it's easy to record demo's. And it's even better to have 2 computers. 1 for the game, 1 for recording . But now I also use Fraps.

Edit; And you can capture everything thats rendered to your TV. (for ripping movies 'n' stuff )
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

GUNS - Reloaded

OK, I've got a working heatray and I've improved the Minigun.

With the new weapons classes, the heatray only took about half an hour to make and most of that was tinkering. It's got quite a short range, but it's not supposed to be for cooking dinner 20 miles away.

The mini gun is working well now. It's quite fierce but with its fierceness comes a handicap to compensate for its power... The longer you hold down the fire button, the more firepower it throws out, but the gyroscopic forces of the barrel spinning stop you from aiming the barrel which makes tracking targets very difficult. So if you're trying to hit someone who's flying around, you have to be very lucky.. but if someone is stationary, you can nail-em...

Next stop.. Rocket Launcher and Beam Gun.

None of the weapons are taking ammo into account at the moment, but that's all implemented in the base weapon class, so I can get that working at my leasure.

More screenies will follow soon, but I'll have to host them myself as it appears that the old screen shots have gone

I need some decent royalty free sounds now for the minigun and heat ray. I'd like something like the old War of the Worlds sound for the heat ray.

GUNS - Reloaded

Progress.. some anyway..

I've changed the control system. Now it plays more like Abuse than the original Guns.

Keys [Up] for Thrust [left][Right] for fly left/right [down] for shields.
    All aiming is done via the mouse now.
    Right click places the user in free look mode to explore the mission.
    It's actually a lot easier to fly/control now.

I've still got some bugs to iron out in this mode, but it's looking promising.

I had a little bit of a play with some different effects for the fire and explosions. I'm using a tool called ExGen, which I've purchased as it exports to a format compatible with my CBCFoundation animation classes. i.e. 4 cols by 6 rows..So far all the apps I've seen only export as either individual images which I'd have to crop by hand or they only export movies.. not really useful.

GUNS - Reloaded

I've waffled on about how nice things are looking these days, so I thought I'd put a very simple flash file together showing the new Heat Ray.

I can't watch this without the Eve of War tune in my head now.. Dum Dum Duuurrr

http://www.cerebral-bicycle.co.uk/im...ftheworlds.swf

GUNS - Reloaded

Quote Originally Posted by jasonf
    I've waffled on about how nice things are looking these days
    You're not alone on that one!

Looking forward to playing your game!

I was wondering though, with all the destruction going on in there, the rest of the city looks surprisingly clean. One should expect at least a few broken windows, some smoke plumes and broken streetlights.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011