OK, I've got a working heatray and I've improved the Minigun.

With the new weapons classes, the heatray only took about half an hour to make and most of that was tinkering. It's got quite a short range, but it's not supposed to be for cooking dinner 20 miles away.

The mini gun is working well now. It's quite fierce but with its fierceness comes a handicap to compensate for its power... The longer you hold down the fire button, the more firepower it throws out, but the gyroscopic forces of the barrel spinning stop you from aiming the barrel which makes tracking targets very difficult. So if you're trying to hit someone who's flying around, you have to be very lucky.. but if someone is stationary, you can nail-em...

Next stop.. Rocket Launcher and Beam Gun.

None of the weapons are taking ammo into account at the moment, but that's all implemented in the base weapon class, so I can get that working at my leasure.

More screenies will follow soon, but I'll have to host them myself as it appears that the old screen shots have gone

I need some decent royalty free sounds now for the minigun and heat ray. I'd like something like the old War of the Worlds sound for the heat ray.