Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GUNS - Reloaded

GUNS - Reloaded

I'm going to attack it again tonight to see if I can solve it.

I can't even release a tech demo until I've fixed this.. as the Exe Locks up and has to be hard stopped [ctrl+alt+del]

GUNS - Reloaded

Well, I made some progress with this last night. I stopped my Particle engine from crashing. Turns out I was doing something quite stupid.

So now I've got exploding Trees, Rocks, People, Cars, Buildings... more to follow ;-)

I've also got snow.

GUNS - Reloaded

will there soon be an option to download demo/unfinished game so it can be tested? or is it just me overlooking link??

GUNS - Reloaded

There'll be a download link when I've got something a bit more stable to show, at the moment it's still in a state where I'm not happy releasing it.. even for testing.

But I have made some progress, graphics wise and internals.

I've got a new explosion (rendered entirely in XaraXtreme.. not bad for a vector app )

I've also got Goats

Blog Entries

GUNS - Reloaded

They prefer... to be called goat-kind! *sigh* :roll:

:lol:

Do they blow up yet? :twisted:
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

GUNS - Reloaded

the explosions look great! Whats the chance you’ll be able to show it animated?
    [size=9px]BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK
    <br />d s-- : a24 GB GCS GTW GE C++ P L+ W++ N+ K- w++++ M- PS+ PE+ Y- t+ 5+++ X+ R*
    <br />tv b+ DI++ D+ e++ h+ G-
    <br />END GEEK CODE BLOCK[/size]
    <br />Create your own GeekCode block at: <a href="">...</a>

GUNS - Reloaded

The same thing happens to goat-kind that happens to man-kind when hit by a ball of scorching hot plasma... the rapid change in body temperature causes all their little bits & pieces to suddenly change direction :twisted:

Actually, because they're so small and they move quite fast.. they're little buggers to kill

My countryside level has got loads of them all running and jumping around now.

The explosion is made from 7 frames, I could possibly put an animation together showing it, but it'd probably take more time than it's worth.

But it makes a bit difference in the game play, a massive explosion when a gun blows up is a lot more satisfying than the poxy little pop I had before.

The big explosion will only be used in special cases.. A Tank exploding, a Fuel dump exploding and a Fuel Tanker exploding (as well as cars, there are fuel tankers to blow up)

GUNS - Reloaded

More progress.. although not much to show for it at the mo'

I'm working on the GUI aspect of things.. Team selection and so on.

I'm also suffering form a little feature creep.. I'm not going too far though..
    I'm going to add 4 additional classes of Tanks. The current tank is the Medium tank. THere will be Light Tank, Heavy Tank and Super Heavy tank and Ultra Light Tank. Each with different amount of hit points, maximum speeds and fuel consumption rates. The ultra light tank will be a little different from all the others in the fact that it does not use rockets to fly around, it hovers using Anti-Grav engines and it doesn't need fuel.

This combined with the new weapons should make for some interesting combinations.

I've been drawing a lot. I've got pretty much all of the Team Faces drawn now. So now I just need to draw the new tanks and I'll have something cool to show.

I've fixed a few additional bugs too. When I've got the team selection in place and the tank classes working, I'll release a demo so I can see how it performs.

GUNS - Reloaded

I've done some more work on the GUI side of things. Modified my menu system to allow different background images for specific menus.

I've got the basics of the Team selection system working now.. although the work on this area did reveal a rather stupid bug... which had me scratching my head for a few hours. I'll post some more screen shots of the GUI when it's ready.

I'm wondering on a single player game, how important it is for the player to be able to enter their name...

At the moment, I'm not planning on making Guns Reloaded a networkable game.. the random deformable terrain objects simply do not support it.. also, it would open the game up to cheating unless I imposed some rigerous CRC checking on each file that is being loaded.

Blog Entries

GUNS - Reloaded

I think the ability to add ones name as either a character or the commander of the 'army' adds some personality to the gameplay. Which is always nice to draw the player into the game world.

In fact, like in Worms and Scorched Earth each worm/tank had their own name so that you could place some sort of sentiment towards them.

If nothing else it just adds a phsycological encouragement, especially of those younger and more creative players to get inolved in the 'role' of the player. People like to get attached to things that they can 'make their own'.

That all said, I think that it would be good for you're game. Yes, go for it.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast