Thread: Any recommendation about which LCD monitor should I buy

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Any recommendation about which LCD monitor should I buy

Hi!

I'm in the process of buying myself a new computer and I already ordered most important components (motherboard, CPU, RAM, Graphic Card, HDD).
    I will buy the computer case after my ordered components arrive. Wouldn't like to figure out that my components don't fit in after I already bught it as it happened when I was building my first computer and graphic card didn't fit in unless I threw out the HDD
    So for the PUS the store that I was ordering my components from din't have the desired one. Same goes for SSD drive so I will be buying those elsewhere.

Anyway the reason I'm writing this post is because I almost forgot about one other Important component and that is monitor (that happens when you are using laptops for past 9 years and you expect it to come with PC

And since I have not much experience with LCD monitors I would be very helpful for any suggestions or even hints about which brands are good and reliable.
    But since I almost forgot about this I'm afraid that my budget is a bit limited so I'm looking for some good price vs value option.

Main purpose of this computer will be gaming and of course also program (game) development. So I would be very happy if the monitor would allow rotating it by 90 degrees (changing from letter to portrait position) but that isn't necessary.

EDIT: The feature that the monitor must have is the ability to tilt it so I can get best viewing angle without using of some what those of your for US would say "redneck solutions"

Any hints or suggestions are welcome.

PS I picked excellent time for purchasing my computer since Delphi XE8 came out today and based on the fact that Delphi XE7 already worked a bit slow on my 7 years old laptop (which can still play some of today games provided that I use lower graphics settings) I guess that Delphi XE8 would be even worse.
    Last edited by SilverWarior; 07-04-2015 at 11:38 AM.