Thread: Any help with (Un)DelphiX?

Any help with (Un)DelphiX?

Hey Guys!

I'm kinda new to this site (and to programming) , and i would like to "make" some "games", just for my own fun.
    The original delphi was buggy with the "routines" i used (i.e.: TImages as Players/Props/Particles), and one of the site's member has suggested me, that i should use (Un)DelphiX... I had a hard time even just implementing the package, and now that it is done, i just don't know how to use it....

I'm used to delphi's property prediction (i.e.: When i write in something like: TButtonX.L , it automaticly gives me the option of the Left property and others in a box..) and this helps , because i know what kind of properties does an object have, and when i don't know what a certain property does , i can still see that it is there, and i can just go to embercadero's site and check what it is used for , and how... But with this new package, it doesn't give me the option of seeing the properties. It wouldn't be a big problem, but now , i don't know how to use these new objects, i don't know what kind of properties do they have, basically i don't know anything about them...
    And this is my problem. I would like to ask some help, if anybody knows about any site/thread/anything which writes down how to use DelphiX, please tell me!
    I'm appriciating any help!

-Coldus
    Last edited by Coldus12; 14-04-2015 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Grammar :/

Hello,

There is a few tutorials over at http://www.delphigamedev.com/tutorials/ including how to install it into Delphi.

See if that helps!
    Amnoxx

Oh, and this code appears to be an approximate replacement for return(random() & 0x01);

Phoenix Wiki
    http://www.phoenixlib.net/

Phoenix Forum
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/viewforum.php?f=71

Quote Originally Posted by Coldus12 View Post
    The original delphi was buggy with the "routines" i used (i.e.: TImages as Players/Props/Particles), and one of the site's member has suggested me, that i should use (Un)DelphiX...
    Are you comming here from Stack Owerflow? If the answer is yes then I'm the one that made such suggestion.

I had a hard time even just implementing the package, and now that it is done, i just don't know how to use it....
    What problems did you have? I myself never ran into any problems with adding of unDelphiX to delphi. Have you installed the design-time packages which allow you to place a few basic components to quickly prepare engine for use.?

I'm used to delphi's property prediction (i.e.: When i write in something like: TButtonX.L , it automaticly gives me the option of the Left property and others in a box..) and this helps , because i know what kind of properties does an object have, and when i don't know what a certain property does , i can still see that it is there, and i can just go to embercadero's site and check what it is used for , and how... But with this new package, it doesn't give me the option of seeing the properties. It wouldn't be a big problem, but now , i don't know how to use these new objects, i don't know what kind of properties do they have, basically i don't know anything about them...
    That seems verry strange. Delphi shouldn't have any problems by displaying various object properties through code insight.

And this is my problem. I would like to ask some help, if anybody knows about any site/thread/anything which writes down how to use DelphiX, please tell me!
    I Will try to dig up an old DelphiX tutorial which covers the basics of using of DelphiX (unDelphiX is jsut and unoficial updated version of original DelphiX which is no longer maintained).
    And if my memory serves me correctly that tutorial also covers the implementation of state machine which can come quite usefull in game development.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    Are you comming here from Stack Owerflow?
    Yes , thanks for inviting me here

What problems did you have? I myself never ran into any problems with adding of unDelphiX to delphi. Have you installed the design-time packages which allow you to place a few basic components to quickly prepare engine for use.?
    The problems i had with installing the package were just my lack of knowledge, because i wasn't able to find the install button when i opened the package. I spent like 2 hours searching for it, which as i said is just my lack of knowledge

That seems verry strange. Delphi shouldn't have any problems by displaying various object properties through code insight.
    When i said it doesn't show the properties' names i meant it with the new ones (I don't know if it is normal or not), but this "option" still works with the original objects.

Thank you for your answer and for the help

Thank you, going to check that site

Hi!
    Sorry for late reply but I had to resurect my old laptop to get these tutorials out.

Anyway here is dropbox linkt to them.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...20tutorial.rar

Do note that these tutorials are quite old so in the mean time unDelphiX might have been changed a bit.
    Anyway if you will encounter an problems feel free to ask for help. I will try to be quicker with my response in the future.
    Last edited by SilverWarior; 30-04-2015 at 06:36 PM.

Thanks! Woah you really did mine it for me
    I don't really know how to thank... It's just really weird for me what you did just to get these files for me...
    Thanks again!

I didn't just do it for you but for anyboddy else that might need them since the original tutorial was lost after the author updated his old webpage. And as he wrote in one of his old posts on the new site the reason why he didn't republish this tutorial is becouse he stoped using of delphiX and moved to additional game engine instead.

Also I'm intested in checking the state machine implementation in this tutorial again becouse I'm working on a different implementation and might go and make comparison to see how much I gained with my approach.