Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eschecs - Pascal chess program

Eschecs - Pascal chess program

Hello gentlemen!

I would like to present my chess game, named Eschecs (the old french word for chess).

The GUI was made with the fpGUI toolkit. The graphical chessboard uses BGRABitmap.

To download the latest version please go to Eschecs Github repository.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Roland Chastain; 24-12-2022 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Updated link

That is very nice.
    Did you write the chess AI by yourself or does it use one of existing libraries?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    That is very nice.
    Thank you. I started this project three years ago.

Did you write the chess AI by yourself or does it use one of existing libraries?
    The chess AI is derived from a Turbo Pascal program by Jürgen Schlottke.
    Last edited by Roland Chastain; 24-12-2022 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Updated link

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Chastain View Post
    I started this project three years ago.
    That is interesting. About four or perhaps five years ago I was actually making modifications to an existing chess game made with Delphi to add network support so me an my friend could play together over the internet.
    Now becouse that program used some shareware components like chess board VCL component, and also used external AI engine I have never published it as doung so I would violate IP rights of the original owners.

I did started creating of my own chess board component which instead of being topdown view used pictures of an actuall woden chess board and figures photographed at about 60 degrees angle. But since I'm not a good photographer and at that time I was pretty horible everything looked kinda ugly.

Anyway I abandoned the project later becouse I found a website wihch alowed online chess play. So me and my friend used that for a while but still nothing beats the playing of chess in person. So we still prefer playing in person.

So have you perhaps thought about adding network support to your chess game?

So have you perhaps thought about adding network support to your chess game?
    There are so many things that can be made! The next subject I intended to study was the UCI protocol.
    Last edited by Roland Chastain; 17-06-2015 at 04:16 AM.

Hello!

The latest version (please see first post) includes a mate solver, a dynamic library based upon the MATER program by Valentin Albillo. So the computer's move can come from three sources: the book, the mate solver, the main engine.

An important correction has also been made in the engine.

Still compiled with the current versions of Lazarus, fpGUI, BGRABitmap. Tested under Windows 8.1. Maybe I should include the libraries in the archive.
    Last edited by Roland Chastain; 28-10-2015 at 05:24 PM. Reason: added a link

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Chastain View Post
    Maybe I should include the libraries in the archive.
    If you don't have specific approval from the original authors to distribute those libraries with your code then it would be better if you simply add Readme file and add necessary information as to where can people get those libraries from.
    This way you avoid some possible problems regarding the possible Intellectual Property Rights violation.

@SilverWarior

Thank you for your advice. Yes, I should add a readme file. It will be done in the next version.
    Last edited by Roland Chastain; 03-03-2016 at 06:57 AM. Reason: corrected typo

Hello! There is a new version of Eschecs. The previous version didn't work properly when compiled with Lazarus 1.6. Please see the download link in the first post.

Hello! Here is Eschecs 2.4.1. Please see first post of this discussion. All observations welcome.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast