Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eschecs - Pascal chess program

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Eschecs - Pascal chess program

Hello gentlemen!

I would like to present my chess game, named Eschecs (the old french word for chess).

The GUI was made with the fpGUI toolkit. The graphical chessboard uses BGRABitmap.

To download the latest version please go to Eschecs Github repository.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Roland Chastain; 24-12-2022 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Updated link

That is very nice.
    Did you write the chess AI by yourself or does it use one of existing libraries?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    That is very nice.
    Thank you. I started this project three years ago.

Did you write the chess AI by yourself or does it use one of existing libraries?
    The chess AI is derived from a Turbo Pascal program by Jürgen Schlottke.
    Last edited by Roland Chastain; 24-12-2022 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Updated link

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Chastain View Post
    I started this project three years ago.
    That is interesting. About four or perhaps five years ago I was actually making modifications to an existing chess game made with Delphi to add network support so me an my friend could play together over the internet.
    Now becouse that program used some shareware components like chess board VCL component, and also used external AI engine I have never published it as doung so I would violate IP rights of the original owners.

I did started creating of my own chess board component which instead of being topdown view used pictures of an actuall woden chess board and figures photographed at about 60 degrees angle. But since I'm not a good photographer and at that time I was pretty horible everything looked kinda ugly.

Anyway I abandoned the project later becouse I found a website wihch alowed online chess play. So me and my friend used that for a while but still nothing beats the playing of chess in person. So we still prefer playing in person.

So have you perhaps thought about adding network support to your chess game?

So have you perhaps thought about adding network support to your chess game?
    There are so many things that can be made! The next subject I intended to study was the UCI protocol.
    Last edited by Roland Chastain; 17-06-2015 at 04:16 AM.

Hello!

The latest version (please see first post) includes a mate solver, a dynamic library based upon the MATER program by Valentin Albillo. So the computer's move can come from three sources: the book, the mate solver, the main engine.

An important correction has also been made in the engine.

Still compiled with the current versions of Lazarus, fpGUI, BGRABitmap. Tested under Windows 8.1. Maybe I should include the libraries in the archive.
    Last edited by Roland Chastain; 28-10-2015 at 05:24 PM. Reason: added a link

Cant find Eschecs on my windows 10 store, is it normal ?

Appvalley TutuApp Tweakbox
    Last edited by casanova; 23-04-2020 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by casanova View Post
    Cant find Eschecs on my windows 10 store, is it normal ?
    Thank you for your message. I don't know what are the steps to make an application available on Windows Store. I never asked myself that question. But why not? It could be a good idea.

Hello everybody!

It's been a while since I passed by here.

After a fairly long hiatus, I got back to my chess GUI project.

The main novelty is the usage of the command line, to allow the user to customize the appearance and the behaviour of the application. The options are listed on the project page.

For example there is an option to select the colors that the program will use to generate the marble texture. Very unnecessary but I am glad of it.

eschecs510a.jpg

In case someone is interested to compile the program, I would be glad to help. There is no particular difficulty, except that you have to download three or four libraries, and to tell the compiler where the libraries are (either you create a Lazarus project, or write a script, or retouch and use the included Makefile). When you download fpGUI, please choose the develop branch.

Regards.

Roland

Very unnecessary... but gorgeous.
    No signature provided yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast