Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: Eschecs - Pascal chess program

  1. #21
    Tested. It works on Linux+Wine.

    It killed my queen but I don't know when. May be an option to repeat the last movement or marking the last computer movement...

    Anyway, good work.
    No signature provided yet.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Ñuño Martínez View Post
    Tested. It works on Linux+Wine.
    Thank you for testing. Glad to know that it works on Wine.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ñuño Martínez View Post
    It killed my queen but I don't know when. May be an option to repeat the last movement or marking the last computer movement...
    I am making something for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ñuño Martínez View Post
    Anyway, good work.
    Thank you.

    By the way, there would be three new messages to translate, if you would.

    Code:
        'Please wait...', // txWaiting
        'UCI protocol accepted.'#10#10'Engine name: %s'#10'Author: %s', // txUciOk
        'Cannot connect to the engine.', // txConnectionFailure

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland Chastain View Post
    By the way, there would be three new messages to translate, if you would.

    Code:
        'Please wait...', // txWaiting
        'UCI protocol accepted.'#10#10'Engine name: %s'#10'Author: %s', // txUciOk
        'Cannot connect to the engine.', // txConnectionFailure
    Here you have:
    Code:
        'Espere, por favor...', // txWaiting
        'Protocolo UCI aceptado.'#10#10'Nombre del motor: %s'#10'Autor: %s', // txUciOk
        'No pudo conectarse al motor.', // txConnectionFailure
    The first one can be also "Espere un momento, por favor..." ("Please wait a minute/moment...").
    No signature provided yet.

  4. #24

  5. #25
    Hello! Here is a new version.

    Now the last move of the computer is indicated by an arrow.

    Secondly, the name of the opening (in english) is displayed in the title bar.

    Eschecs 3.0.2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Roland Chastain; 13-11-2017 at 08:12 AM. Reason: added link and screenshots

  6. #26
    Hey why not record entire game history and allow players to replay it entirely. This feature can be quite useful for people to analyze their mistakes. Also you could record your game play and allow others to watch it being played some other time.
    Implementing this is actually pretty trivial. All you need is to log is the name of the chess pice, origin and destination field which can all be stored in a single 5 character long string.
    So in your first picture the last black movement would be "PD7D5" where P stands for chest piece Peon D7 is place of origin and D5 is the place the pice has been moved to. So in end you simply end up with a simple text file storing all of the moves made in a game.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    Hey why not record entire game history and allow players to replay it entirely. This feature can be quite useful for people to analyze their mistakes.
    Thank you for your suggestion. Here you are:

    Eschecs 3.0.4

    You navigate with the keyboard arrows:


    • Left: go back to previous position
    • Right: go to next position
    • Up: go to last position
    • Down: go back to first position


    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    Also you could record your game play and allow others to watch it being played some other time.
    Why not in a future version. Currently the game is automatically and silently saved when you quit the program using the corresponding menu item (or using the Escape key).
    Last edited by Roland Chastain; 21-11-2017 at 05:59 PM.

  8. #28
    Hello! There is a new version of Eschecs.

    What is new? You drag and drop your pieces (instead of clicking on squares).

    Other difference, there is no longer a UCI engine automatically started. You have to select an engine in the "Moves" menu. It will be started and, if the connection succeeds, your will see the name of the engine in the window title.

    To download the binaries (for Windows) or the source code please go to this page.

  9. #29
    PGDCE Developer de_jean_7777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bosnia and Herzegovina (Herzegovina)
    Posts
    286
    Great you're working on it still. One thing, clicking the version number in the links on your page always leads to the dutch version even if other language is clicked.
    Existence is pain

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by de_jean_7777 View Post
    Great you're working on it still.
    Thank you. It's a never ending story.

    Quote Originally Posted by de_jean_7777 View Post
    One thing, clicking the version number in the links on your page always leads to the dutch version even if other language is clicked.
    Thank you for reporting the problem. It's weird because I have again tested all the links and I could successfully download the different files. Anyway, here are the links:



Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •