Quote Originally Posted by BeRo View Post
The AI is neural network based, that means the AI is able to learn, but this learn-feature is currently disabled due to some performance issues during the ”neural network training” while a game is running, it will be re-enabled as soon as we find a solution for this performance problem. Possibly i can fix it by training the neural network after the game has finished and not while the game is running. In any case the AI will learn, how good it will become depends on your own driving skills. But in a nutshell, the AI is not hardcoded, but for debugging comparison purposes i added an additional hardcoded AI. Here is an additional detail information for interested people: We’re using feed-forward neural networks, so one of the simplest neural network types.
Would you be willing to share more information about this AI learning process. I'm nowhere expert in neural networked based AI as I have so far read only one article about this topic a few years ago.
But I'm mostly interested to know what information does the AI gather and how is that information then processed.

Quote Originally Posted by BeRo View Post
support for gamepad controllers
Have you considered implementing mouse support as additional option. There are several games like Live For Speed or Euro Truck Simulator 2 that allows you to use mouse as a way to somehow simulate controller or in case of mentioned games the steering wheel.
Yes I know that it is best in having of actual controller but for people who don't own one like me having mouse support is the next best thing.