Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mazer - procedural maze generator in Lazarus using Castle Game Engine

Have you ever thought about using a pseudorandom algorithm for this?
    Well.. the things are not as easy in this issue. Mazer is not the final goal of this maze generation algorithm. I'm working on a RPG game Decoherence, where each maze would be not as huge, but will represent a location full with items, enemy spawn points, waypoints for AI, interactable objects like doors, switches, secret passages and so on. So, basically I need to generate the map in advance and store its current state in save files.
    The same stuff with the overworld generation. It will be a 2D maze of the similar sort for the player to explore fighting monsters, solving puzzles, making epic quests to save the Galaxy
    So... I don't really need an infinite map. Just at the moment a 33x33x15 map consumes all the RAM for a 32 bit app. And after optimizing, I can drop this amount 10 to 100 times lower (at this time the required RAM is ~n^3, and it will become ~n). Moreover, a 33x33x15 map takes 40 minutes just to explore 70%... and twice that to get 100%. Basically hardly anybody but me likes such (and even longer) maze-solving experience A new video I've recorded took me 35 minutes to solve the maze and I've felt really lost in the end. If it wasn't for luck to find the rose I'd have very hard time finding my way back to other maze branches.

And another video (this time 35 minutes run accelerated 2.5 times)
    My free and opensource games: http://decoherence.itch.io/
    Sources are here: https://github.com/eugeneloza?tab=repositories

Quote Originally Posted by eugeneloza View Post
    And another video (this time 35 minutes run accelerated 2.5 times)
    This is insanely huge!
    No signature provided yet.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345