Thread: Green Onions - The I-Ching Saga

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Great old school style :-)!

Hey. I'm still here.

The game itself is finished (including installation script), but there's no publishing date yet.

Anyway, few people has tested it and they liked a lot.
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 17-03-2016 at 11:25 AM.
    No signature provided yet.

How can I express how frustrated I am? Not about the game but about the customer.

He insisted to add one more stage an a bonus stage. That forced me to change some internals of the engine (my fault because I created a custom engine that isn't very flexible) so bugs arose everywhere. Now it doesn't work. Also people told me that Allegro 4 has issues with Windows 10 (some stuff don't work).

I think that I should rewrite everything creating a more flexible engine or find a yet created engine that I can use. Anyway I did a very bad work here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ñuño Martínez View Post
    How can I express how frustrated I am? Not about the game but about the customer.

He insisted to add one more stage an a bonus stage. That forced me to change some internals of the engine (my fault because I created a custom engine that isn't very flexible) so bugs arose everywhere. Now it doesn't work. Also people told me that Allegro 4 has issues with Windows 10 (some stuff don't work).

I think that I should rewrite everything creating a more flexible engine or find a yet created engine that I can use. Anyway I did a very bad work here.
    Often small changes lead me to break everything in a project. Hopefully you manage to find a decent engine or create a better one. Wouldn't say you did bad work. It's ok for the intended scope, it's just that the scope got bigger.
    Last edited by de_jean_7777; 05-09-2016 at 11:42 AM.
    Existence is pain

It was hard (I'm under emotional and psychological illness, long story) but I recovered an old copy, I made it run and I've modified some stuff that should make it easy to add the new stages without breaking it out again. Wish me luck.