Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Green Onions - The I-Ching Saga

Green Onions - The I-Ching Saga

I had to create this thread a lot of time ago. My fault.

In my new job we created a small game studio, and I'm near to finish the first game. Of course, it is programmed in Object Pascal and using my Allegro.pas port.

The game title is "Green Onions - The I-Ching Saga", and it's based in a comic book by my pal Iván Sarnago. First beta was presented in a retro-event in my town a few weeks ago, and they liked it a lot.

Here you have "the Grandmother of All Dragons", the final boss of the game.

As you see, it's a retro game. I'm using the MSX-1 specifications as guide, but it is not a perfect simulation.
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 01-12-2015 at 07:57 PM.
    No signature provided yet.

Pretty neat
    Reminds me some shooter on Amstrad

Quote Originally Posted by farcodev View Post
    Pretty neat
    Reminds me some shooter on Amstrad
    That was the idea: an old school shooter. So, if you see that, then we did it correctly.

I was improving the graphics: Better backgrounds, better score bar and use of multicolor-texts. The last was possible on MSX due the way it stores the video images (Much like ZX but different), and several games used it that way.

Here you have the new intro screen:

Now I'm working on the configuration dialog/screen. You can see more screen shots in the official web page.
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 17-03-2016 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Screenshot URL changed.

This really looks a MSX game!

Man, how I miss my old MSX...

Quote Originally Posted by Rodrigo Robles View Post
    This really looks a MSX game!

Man, how I miss my old MSX...
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    Nice work man!
    Thanks.

Today, the development is in a halt, because we're working on the on-line shop and other stuff needed for the business. But game is almost finished.

Great old school style :-)!

Hey. I'm still here.

The game itself is finished (including installation script), but there's no publishing date yet.

Anyway, few people has tested it and they liked a lot.
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 17-03-2016 at 11:25 AM.

How can I express how frustrated I am? Not about the game but about the customer.

He insisted to add one more stage an a bonus stage. That forced me to change some internals of the engine (my fault because I created a custom engine that isn't very flexible) so bugs arose everywhere. Now it doesn't work. Also people told me that Allegro 4 has issues with Windows 10 (some stuff don't work).

I think that I should rewrite everything creating a more flexible engine or find a yet created engine that I can use. Anyway I did a very bad work here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ñuño Martínez View Post
    How can I express how frustrated I am? Not about the game but about the customer.

He insisted to add one more stage an a bonus stage. That forced me to change some internals of the engine (my fault because I created a custom engine that isn't very flexible) so bugs arose everywhere. Now it doesn't work. Also people told me that Allegro 4 has issues with Windows 10 (some stuff don't work).

I think that I should rewrite everything creating a more flexible engine or find a yet created engine that I can use. Anyway I did a very bad work here.
    Often small changes lead me to break everything in a project. Hopefully you manage to find a decent engine or create a better one. Wouldn't say you did bad work. It's ok for the intended scope, it's just that the scope got bigger.
    Last edited by de_jean_7777; 05-09-2016 at 11:42 AM.
    Existence is pain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast