Thread: g2mp cross platform pascal engine

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    thanks for the comments guys! the engine is indeed capable of much more than just platformers. you can very easily prototype almost any type of 2d game. like this for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlSd...=DanSoftStudio

the toolkit currently only has desiging tools for 2d games, but the engine itself can be used to make 3d graphics as well. I am planning to create similar tools for making 3d games in the future.

phibermon, I have seen your very impressive work and would love to share some ideas. but as far as I remember you decided not to release the source yet, is that correct?
    as for GUIDs, from my experience in the gamedev industry it is impossible to overestimate the importance of being able to uniquely identify objects in the game, whether it is for serialization, multiplayer syncing, gameplay recording or a number of other applications. I am not entirely convinced that the GUIDs are the best approach though, mainly because they are not inexpensive to generate (might need to do some testing and profiling). I would love to know your opinion on this.
    Last edited by Dan; 17-12-2015 at 07:42 AM.