Hi everyone,

As I'm sure you already know where this is going. I'm interested in Retro Game Making. I'm talking 8-bit, 16-bit. Nes or Snes looking games. I am looking at options for engines or Compilers. I was talking to Mike over at Weiring Software and he said he uses Turbo Pascal or Free Pascal to make his Retro games. You can see what they look like here. Would you guys recommend using turbo pascal? If so.. Were would be a good place to start, knowing where I want to get to. I don't mind if I do basic things like "Snake" or "Tic Tac Toe" to begin with, I just really want to take this journey.

The other option would be to use an engine like Arcade Game Studio, which does require no programming however would be much more limited I'm sure. But this engine is designed for the "retro" look.

So if I am to start using Free pascal. I already have a Graphic Mapping editor software in mind, that I have which is perfect. What tutorials would you guys recommend to learn Pascal? Assuming completely new and not having the slightest idea. I know this has probably been posted before, and has probably had guys bail on the journey because it seemed harder than they thought, but I'd really like to learn.

Thanks in advance.