I develop with FPC + Lazarus and don't own Delphi - to my current knowledge the only part that should cause problems with some Delphi versions is the FPC style operator overloading in the maths library - not a massive job if it needs changing but a bit monotonous.

It currently reliably supports Windows and Linux with slightly less reliable OSX support - I worked on Android and IOS support a couple of years ago but I've not touched these for a long time and are currently not in the framework/engine. The structure was in such a flux that maintaining GLES render-paths as I worked was slowing me down too much so I intended to re-implement but didn't get round to it.

Licence is undecided but it's my intention to provide it for free in one form or another at least in a capacity that lets people make and release games for free. I will seek recommendations or discuss / vote with any devs who decide to commit effort to the engine.

Games can be written and run without compilation via the high level game style abstractions and scripts (so it's more like modding existing games) but using the source directly yields less constraints and better performance (although adding pre-compiled code in with plugins/modules is a feasible option) so it has a use even closed source.

It has no game platform integration although that would be a great feature to have - working on my own given what's left to finish, such features are a low priority but I totally agree that it must be added at some point to make the engine truly viable.

The GUI can render in software mode (using graphics32 - Cocoa support on OSX has not been developed yet) as well as all GL versions from 2.1

The engine has a shader builder (working but not fully complete) that will generate shaders for 2.1 to GL 4.x - not all engine features are supported on all GL versions (Terrain + water use tesselation hardware on GL4 and do not have clip-mapping implementations for GL 2+3)

Shadows are current VSM but I will be adding a PCF scheme soon with an old school 2x2 filter for better performance on older hardware.

To be perfectly honest I really don't like supporting GL2.1 - the engine is heavily geared towards GL3 and up and I've been thinking of dropping 2.1 support all together in order to free up time for other tasks.

---

I'm currently working on the end game parts, spawn points, control schemes, input mapping etc so it's as easy as possible for somebody to get started making a game.

I'm also streamlining the server/client parts of the editor/engine and adding the last batch of messages (every single editing action is synced in realtime with all clients) and then cleanup and testing that will allow any client to play-test at any moment without effecting the editing state for the server or other clients (so some entities and things are dynamically spawned during play, these should not be spawned on other clients that are editing - you can probably guess from this statement the nature of the networking and messaging)

--

so what needs to be done? well it depends on what you define as 'finished' for this project - if it's an engine to make a FPS then it's nearly finished, if it's an engine to make a game like Skyrim then a bit more, if it's an engine to make a space simulator then a bit more still.

But it's currently all of these things (an abstracted 'Region' concept allows for BSP maps, terrain, planets, voxel grids)

And on top of all that there's a 2D renderer too which could be a game engine although it's currently just used for dynamic 2D content such as computer screens in games.

--

Yeah I need help. It could be brilliant but it needs more people and some more love.