Quote Originally Posted by Ñuño Martínez View Post
I'm pretty happy with Vim. Actually I think it would be better but I can't back to those CUA editors.
I did temper with an Emacs package that talked to Lazarus CodeTools for inteliisense and autocompletion and I actually made it work..sortof. When I finish my current project I'll try to get back into vim-script again and rewrite it. With Vim8 and asynchronous i/o support it would be if not easy, so atleast easier then working with Emacs and background processes.

In short, it shouldn't be that much work involved in writing a vim plugin that talked to a CodeTools server running in the background. With Emacs you had to poll the server to get updates, and pipe them through a hidden buffer into the current buffer you where editing, and that caused lots and lots of overhead, and quite frequently a crash or two (might depend on my not-so-good pascal skills ). If you ever used the vim plugin YouCompleteMe when writing C/C++ code you got a pretty good picture on what I'm aiming for.

Please let me know if you would be interested in testing it out, or maybe even give me a hand with it. We 'Vimmers' need to stand up for our editor