Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: raylib-pascal

raylib-pascal

OVERVIEW
    raylib-pascal™ is a modern, modular, object oriented programming language
    based on Object Pascal, a light-weight IDE and powered by raylib, a simple
    and easy-to-use library to learn videogames programming.

LANGUAGE FEATURES
    - raylib-pascal language is modern, modular, object oriented and based on the Object Pascal programming language.
    - Namespaces, nested classes, inheritance
    - Static(shared) members, indexed properties, default parameters.
    - Overloaded routines, operator overloading, delegates, exception handling, regular expressions.
    - Conditional compilation.
    - Direct calling dll-defined routines.
    - All calling conventions register, pascal, cdecl, stdcall, safecall are supported.
    - Standard win32 EXE generation.
    - Standard win32 DLL generation.

IDE FEATURES
    - Multiple Project Support
    - Toggle Code Folding
    - Syntax Highlighting
    - Project Options
    - Source Templates
    - User Registration/Feedback from IDE (Help->Register/Feedback)
    - File operations: open, close, close all, save, save all
    - Edit operations: undo, redo, cut, copy, past, select all
    - Search operations: find, find again, find/replace
    - Compile/Compile & Run
    - Param Hints (API Routines)
    - Code Completion (API Routines) (Ctrl+Space)
    - Integrated CHM Help
    - Editor Options (Options->Editor Options)
    - Context sensitive Help (F1) in the editor (place the cursor on a keyword and press F1 or right click).
    - File Tabs with hints
    - Entire game engine API is accessible
    - EXE generation with version info and application icon
    - Auto increment file version build number

raylib FEATURES
    - Uses PascalCase/camelCase notation
    - Hardware accelerated with OpenGL (1.1, 2.1, 3.3 or ES 2.0)
    - Unique OpenGL abstraction layer (usable as standalone module): [rlgl]
    - Powerful fonts module with SpriteFonts support (XNA fonts, AngelCode fonts, TTF)
    - Outstanding texture formats support, including compressed formats (DXT, ETC, ASTC)
    - Basic 3d support for Geometrics, Models, Heightmaps and Billboards
    - Materials (diffuse, normal, specular) and Lighting (point, directional, spot)
    - Shaders support, including Model shaders and Postprocessing shaders
    - Powerful math module for Vector and Matrix operations: [raymath]
    - Audio loading and playing with streaming support (WAV, OGG, FLAC, XM, MOD)
    - VR stereo rendering support with configurable HMD device parameters
    - Multi Platform support: Android, Raspberry Pi, HTML5, Oculus Rift CV1
    - Custom color palette for fancy visuals on raywhite background
    - Minimal external dependencies (GLFW3, OpenGL, OpenAL)

SCREENS

VIDEOS

Hello all, I've been away for a long time. Hope everyone is doing well. This is a project I've been working on on/off the past months. I finally was able to get it a working and to a stable enough point. It's a small development system I'm making for my own personal use at the moment so it will be limited to win32 for now. Not sure if I will ever take it past this platform. I've been coding and adding so many features it would be nice now to get a little feedback, mainly to see if it works on other configurations. I recently discovered raylib, which is a very nice, simple game programming library. It's made in standard C99 so I quickly made Delphi bindings. I played around with it for a few days and thought you this would be great if I hook this into my compiler project that I finally got past a critical point that had the project shelved for a few months. This is what I have so far.

I wanted something simple and elegant like raylib that will allow me to easily make MODs for my projects. With raylib-pascal you can make standard win32 DLLs and the compiler/editor can easily be invoked from the command-line with no other dependencies. So MODding can be much easier and simpler process. Anyway, I'm working on a distro that can be tested of which I will post a link soon if anyone is interested in just testing it and letting me know how it runs. The list above are features already implemented and/or will be at a future date.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by drezgames; 22-02-2017 at 05:45 AM.

I added the download link in the 1st post. That link will always be the most recent version. Interested to see how it works on different configurations. Your video card MUST be at least OpenGL 2.1 compliant in order to work. Build v1.r5.alpha has a few examples: basic physics, simple 3D, 2D camera and more. raygui is in but no examples yet, some will come. It's a simple and easy to use direct-mode gui library. raylib-pascal is currently using the raylib 1.7 development branch since it has some important fixes and enhancements that was needed over 1.6 branch. 1.7 is very stable.

More screens, vids and recent information posted on my twitter account.

Anyway, enjoy!
    Last edited by drezgames; 08-02-2017 at 09:57 PM.

Wow. I mean, wow. Let's burn Twitter and Facebook with this, don't we?

[edit]
    Don't you have a web page or something of the project?
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 09-02-2017 at 11:09 AM.
    No signature provided yet.

Hi, thx. No not yet but I'm working on it. I had been stuck a few month with a few mind numbing technical issues and at the last moment things sorta come together. Now that I got it to a somewhat stable point, I will start working on website.

I downloaded it and I tested some examples. Impressive !

Do you plan to release the source ?

Hi, thanks. Appreciate that. I use some commercial Delphi components so unable to release those bits of course. There are really no plans to release the sources. The base product will be free, maybe i will provide addons in the future. Also addons would be able to be sold/purchased direct from my website from other developers. Not sure just yet, still kicking around ideas.

I now have website online. It's WIP but functional. https://jarmargames.com

Quote Originally Posted by piradyne View Post
    Hi, thanks. Appreciate that. I use some commercial Delphi components so unable to release those bits of course. There are really no plans to release the sources. The base product will be free, maybe i will provide addons in the future. Also addons would be able to be sold/purchased direct from my website from other developers. Not sure just yet, still kicking around ideas.
    Yes, it looks great but since I am using Linux it is of no use for me. Maybe you are going to release at least the source of the Delphi wrapper/bindings to raylib?
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Quote Originally Posted by Cybermonkey View Post
    Yes, it looks great but since I am using Linux it is of no use for me. Maybe you are going to release at least the source of the Delphi wrapper/bindings to raylib?
    No worries, understand. check your PM.

PGD Staff / News Reporter phibermon's Avatar
    Looking great Jarrod - I'm always impressed by your dedication to clean and complete interfaces and designs - you clearly work very hard
    When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie - that's an extinction level impact event.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast