Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blast-off

Blast-off

logo.png

Name: Blast-off
    Genre: Jet Jumper
    Description: The game about jumping. The goal is to jump as high as you can. There is no usual platforms that can be used to jumping but enemies. Player cant touch enemies but can blast it instead. The shock wave will give you some acceleration. Closer explosion - more power to shock wave - faster moving.
    Ofc there is some bonuses. Acceleration platforms, energy cells, shield and even JetPack!
    Developers: Zbl & Darthman
    Info: The game was made for IGDC contest (and we win it). All development took less than 10 evenings and nights to us.
    Please note that HELP page is still in russian, so you can ask me about anything you want to.

Screenshots:
    [IMG=http://i31.fastpic.ru/thumb/2012/0207/ba/06c66bda8e7bd7e081466880368a1cba.jpeg] [IMG=http://i32.fastpic.ru/thumb/2012/0207/5d/f4cffc1e2a30773c3269d15240abbc5d.jpeg] [IMG=http://i27.fastpic.ru/thumb/2012/0207/67/6ab3531092b809a964e786158e3cae67.jpeg]

Gameplay video:

Download 3.6Mb
    Theory is - when you know everything but nothing works.
    Practice is - when all works, but you don't know why.
    We combine theory and practice - nothing works and nobody knows why

Blog Entries
    Got to be honest... All this stuff just never fails to amaze me. Great work as always darthman.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Wow... glad to hear it. Tnx

good game and good choice of music, i enjoyed playing it

They say that this game is too hardcore =)

Cmon guys, so many views and no reviews? Give me some critics plz.

Blog Entries
    Very impressive! I like how you give that feeling of going very fast. It adds to the stress the player feels while playing.

Having the player appear as a black ball does seem to make the game a bit hard to figure out at first though. I thought the cursor was "the player" the first time I played the video.

Maybe have a tutorial where the screen pauses after a second or two in-action and arrows with descriptive text tell you what is what and basics of how to play?

I'm going to Tweet this and Google+ it too.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Seems like a very good game, but I am finding it very very hard...I keep dying after a short time, either from hitting an enemy, or falling back down again haha

It also threw me off at the start when I couldn't see the cursor on the menu screen...that was a bit off putting

It just occurred to me...this game might just make a great casual touch screen game!! You should try making an Android/iPhone version

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast