Thread: MinGRo game engine

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Still working in the Green Onions game (dude, it's taking too long ) and I'm confirming things about the engine. Actually I think it is pretty solid (after so much changes) but:
    • There's a lot of over-engineering and
    • Game code isn't so clean (and classic) as I intended.

Today I realized that part of the problem is that the engine is too much generic: I was thinking in any game genre and style.

So once the GO game is finished I've decided to focus the engine in a single direction: 2D action games. That should simplify things enough to remove all over-engineering and help to use more classic programing style. And for the other game genres/styles I want to do (3D action games and interactive fiction) I can create other engines using this as base/inspiration.

Then I've read this thread at Lazarus' forum and now I'm thinking about the possibility to integrate it in to Lazarus. I should think more about it (and once the game is finished), but instead to integrate with Lazarus I think it is better to build an IDE similar to UNITY using my engine and PascalScript, then use FPC to build the final executable. I know, Game Maker does it, but it (or any other) doesn't use Pascal, does it?

What do you think?
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 07-08-2020 at 10:43 AM.
    No signature provided yet.