Thread: Linux game jam

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Around 900 loc right now, not much elegance, more like brute-force code I would say... Bugs are plenty, it's getting hard to see the actual game behind them

The reason for the many lines are due to me scrapping my pseudo-procedural maze generator as it wasn't really doing a good job, and I don't feel like researching a new algorithm right now. Paid my daughter so she pixeled up some tiles and a few sprites, so now I'm using Tiled and handmade mazes. For now only one level is ready, but I'll get some help with level design tomorrow. Can't say it's advanced in any way, you'll play a little blue wizard 14 by 12 pixels big that scuddles along in dungeons made up of 16 by 16 tiles, hunting for keys to unlock doors and gathering coins. Will be hard to finish in time, would have been better to be somewhat prepared, but my old hard drive didn't give a crap about that..

The first thing I did when the computer rebooted after the installation was to install Lazarus and start coding, so it's like 'Iron Man' mode of game jams

Attached Images Attached Images