Thread: Site Move

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi!

When you will be moving the PGD site to your server do you intent to only copy its file structure and its database to your server or do you perhaps intent to reinstall vBulleting with all currently used extensions first and then do database migration in the end?

I would suggest using the later approach. Why? Because it would allow you to update every component of PGD site to the newest version in the process hopefully without dealing with all the hassle of update scripts not working properly as you complained a few days ago.
    Sure this would require more work on your part and probably cause longer nonavailability of PGD site but I think that we could benefit from this in the long run. Maybe we could even get rid of some long lasting PGD quirks like not being properly notified when moderated user posts new post in "Welcome to PGD" thread.

EDIT: I wish I had more knowledge with site hosting or working with vBulettin so I could help you out with the process.

EDIT2: Looking at http://www.vbulletin.com/en/features/ I see there is a new version of vBulettin software available which already offers some of the extended functionality that we use as default like vBulletin Messenger (AJAX based chat) for instance.
    Unfortunately upgrading to vBulletin 5.0 Connect would also bring additional costs.
    Last edited by SilverWarior; 28-03-2017 at 07:35 PM.