Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Luna Game Library - Simple & Elegant Game Programming

First public release (link will always be at top in 1st post)

It would be nice to get some feedback. Trying to get an idea of performance and how it works across different configurations. Comments/suggestions welcome.

Some feature in this release include:
    - Frame-base timing
    - Password protected archive (standard zip files)
    - Vector math routines
    - Memory mapped buffer object (uses file mapping so can be very large, the OS will manage swapping in/out of memory, you just access the pointer or the Read/Write methods of object)
    - Kbd & mouse support
    - Graphic primitives, viewports, polygons and textures
    - True-type font support.
    - Sprite support (can be organized into pages and groups) and has support for polypoint collision
    - Entity (sprite with position and orientation, collision detection)
    - Music and sound playback
    - Video playback (.mpg only at this time)
    - Screenshake support
    - Screenshot system (can specify folder and base filename)
    - Basic networking (fast UDP with reliable packets)
    - Database support (SQLite and MySQL)
    - Highscore system (or you can create your own with the database support)
    - Twitter and IAP support
    - 3D starfield
    - Much more to come...
    Last edited by drezgames; 31-05-2017 at 12:50 AM.

I now got devblog, forums, project tracker and downloads setup on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by piradyne View Post
    I now got devblog, forums, project tracker and downloads setup on the website.
    Tried to download. I't is only available to registered users. Tried to register few times and got "you did not pass security check" message

Hi, so sorry about that. Please try again, you should be able to download as guest now. I forgot to set the guest permissions. Can you please let me know what security msg your getting? Thanks.

@kostyap, ok everything should be working now. If you could be so kind, please also try to register again. The recaptcha should show up properly now. You will then get an email, click the link to validate and all should "just work". Again, sorry and thanks very much for reporting the issue. Between the last update, they changes some things and I had to reset and reconfigure a few items.

Basic physics coming soon. Hopefully in next build.

Now got basic physics in.

*** UPDATE ***

I removed the old physic engine, too unable. Will be adding a better one in the future.
    Last edited by drezgames; 04-11-2017 at 06:29 PM.

You're on a hot streak of productivity.

Opens clean, compiles clean, examples work, except Polygon had 'invalid floating point operation'. All in all nice and clean like promised. 10 out of 10 would try again!
    Last edited by Thyandyr; 26-05-2017 at 12:08 PM.

@Thyandyr, hey thanks man and thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. Did you get the error right away or did you see it rotate a bit first?

Yea, trying to get in all the features that I need for the series of games I want to make using LGL.

Again, bro, thanks. I will look into the floating point error.

Quote Originally Posted by piradyne View Post
    @Thyandyr, hey thanks man and thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. Did you get the error right away or did you see it rotate a bit first?
    I tried it at work with 32 bit Windows 7 machine without graphics card. It failed straight away I saw nothing. I can maybe look at it Monday if I have time.

The same example works fine on my home computer, 64 bit windows 10 GTX 860M.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast