Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Testers Needed - JumpStart and Tank Brigade

Testers Needed - JumpStart and Tank Brigade

Well that explains a few things. Still its odd that changing over to windib seems to fix alot of problems with full screen speed (see my other thread in JEDI-SDL). Now to just figure out when and what is better.

Testers Needed - JumpStart and Tank Brigade

Well, I've updated the package yet again. New to this version is the ability to have a startup script that allows you to place SDL_putenv and SDL_getenv (as well as a few other minor tweaks not documented yet). Changes to the backend code to speed up the rendering minorly (still haven't start hard core optimizations and won't until all basic functionality are in place). As well as removing the caption setting code from the scripts rendering loop (this actually gained quite a few CPS, seems that setting the caption is quite slow).

One last noteable change, I've placed the FPS on the screen at all times. Personally using the GDI rendering context took me from an average of 5 FPS full screen to 50 FPS full screen. Considering I'm running this on a crap P2 lalptop with a generic IBM video card I'd say thats an improvement.

Next comes Audio, then Linux support, then optimizations. Then I can finally start working on Chronicals of Faelen again and get it built out. Until then I will be working up Demos and Test Cases for the new version of the engine and tweaking the heck out of it.

Download: http://www.eonclash.com/JumpStart/FPC/TankBrigade.zip

Oh, and before WILL asks; Yes I still plan on having a tool to take 3D models and convert them into Sprites. It will be part of the packages, and easily useable for other applications. Its just pretty low on the totem poll of features to implment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12