Thread: Full RAD studio needed?

Full RAD studio needed?

From the installation instructions and from the included C files I understand than full Rad studio (Delphi+C++) is needed since just Delphi alone is not able to compile the C files?

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That would be correct.

You can buy Delphi, C++ Builder or RAD Studio. RAD Studio includes both technologies.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Quote Originally Posted by AthenaOfDelphi View Post
    That would be correct.

You can buy Delphi, C++ Builder or RAD Studio. RAD Studio includes both technologies.
    Next time I upgrade my tool I'll get full RadStudio. I actually think I have 2007 version in full RAD (have to look though my folders), everything after that I just got as plain Delphi

Quote Originally Posted by Thyandyr View Post
    Next time I upgrade my tool I'll get full RadStudio. I actually think I have 2007 version in full RAD (have to look though my folders), everything after that I just got as plain Delphi
    AthenaOfDelphi is actually 100% wrong about this, and I honestly have no clue what gave you or them this idea to begin with. C++ Builder or the "full" RAD Studio is not required in any way whatsoever. Delphi by itself is all you need. (Or Lazarus or CodeTyphon, since the LCL fork of GLScene is also fully functional.)

It does say this in the installation instructions:

7. Setup C++ Options for libraries files. Add paths in “Library paths” to GLScene’s lib/bpi files for Win32:
    And it includes C++ source.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyandyr View Post
    It does say this in the installation instructions:

And it includes C++ source.
    That's for optional use with C++ Builder (as in, you would compile the Delphi package with the IDEs "Generate all C++ Builder files" option turned on to create the necessary C++ headers and libraries, which you could then use in C++ Builder applications.)
    Last edited by Akira13; 30-05-2017 at 01:17 AM.

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I actually didn't see the forum this is posted in, my bad

I was just answering the question about compiling C++ and requiring either C++ builder or RAD Studio to do that.

Sorry.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::