Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Luna Game Pascal

Luna Game Pascal

lgpide-2017.1.alpha.jpg

Luna Game Pascal™ is a modern, modular, object oriented programming language based on Object Pascal, a light-weight IDE and an advanced 2D game engine for Windows® PC. The engine uses Direct3D® for hardware accelerated rendering. It's robust, designed for easy use and suitable for making all types of 2D games and other graphic simulations. There is support for surfaces, textures, sprites, audio, streams, archives, databases and much more.

LANGUAGE FEATURES
    - Luna Game Pascal is modern, modular, object oriented and base on the Object Pascal programming language.
    - Namespaces, nested classes, inheritance
    - Static(shared) members, indexed properties, default parameters.
    - Overloaded routines, operator overloading, delegates, exception handling, regular expressions.
    - Conditional compilation.
    - Direct calling dll-defined routines.
    - All calling conventions register, pascal, cdecl, stdcall, safecall are supported.
    - EXE generation (standard win32).
    - DLL generation (standard win32).

IDE FEATURES
    - Multiple Project Support
    - Toggle Code Folding
    - Syntax Highlighting
    - Project Options
    - Single file project format
    - User Feedback/RSS Feeds from IDE (Help->Feedback/RSS Feeds)
    - File operations: open, close, close all, save, save all
    - Edit operations: undo, redo, cut, copy, past, select all
    - Search operations: find, find again, find/replace
    - Compile/Compile & Run
    - Build ZIP/Single EXE Distros
    - Param Hints (API Routines)
    - Code Completion (API Routines) (Ctrl+Space)
    - Integrated CHM Help
    - Editor Options (Options->Editor Options)
    - Context sensitive Help (F1) in the editor (place the cursor on a keyword and press F1 or right click).
    - File Tabs with hints
    - Entire game engine API is accessible
    - EXE generation with version info and application icon

ENGINE FEATURES
    - A thin Object Oriented framework for object efficient
    management.
    - Uses Direct3D 9 for 2D hardware rendering.
    - Uses 32bit surfaces and textures.
    - Free scaling, rotation, alpha blending and other special effects.
    - Windowed and full screen modes.
    - Frame based timing support.
    - Low-level INI file and high-level configuration file support.
    - Memory mapped buffers
    - Unified Streaming system (memory, file, EXE resources, zip archive).
    - True-Type fonts
    - Graphic primitives (lines, circles, rects, points).
    - Advanced polygon rendering (scale, rotate, control line segment visibility).
    - Titled texture rendering
    - Advanced sprite management.
    - Polypoint collision system for fast precise collision detection.
    - Mouse and keyboard input management.
    - Unified audio system with support for WAV | MP3 | MID | OGG | MOD | IT | S3M | XM music formats.
    - Comprehensive math routines (vectors, angles, line intersection, clipping).
    - Log file support.
    - SQL database support (MySQL local & remote | SQLite local only).
    - Networking (reliable UDP).

SCREENS
    lgpide-styles.jpg lgpide-rss.jpg lgpide-distro.jpg lgpide-projoptions.jpg lgpide-feedback.jpg
    Last edited by drezgames; 24-06-2017 at 03:11 AM.

Can't wait to try it out!

Thanks! Testing things now (and finding bugs.... haha). Interesting how when you think you got everything locked down and your ready to go.. you do one more test and find a bug. But good though, finding and squashing them. I read somewhere a long time ago that "every single line of your code needs to execute at least once..." There always seems to be that allusive one-off bug that hides in the corner waiting to spring forth. Or the giant "I gotcha" bug that pops out and makes you rethink your whole design process. Ain't programming fun? Haha!

Version 2017.1.alpha released!

I got to go to sleep, but I noticed the chm does show Contents and index, but not any text in the main window.

1) are you able to display any .chm file on your machine?
    2) there most likely is that security feature in place that locks down .chm viewing on some machines (apparently they can contain harmful scripts??)
    3) if #2, I think you can right-click on the .chm and select "unblock" .chm viewing. (have you have admin rights for the "unblock" to show up)
    See this link

Let me know.

Thanks.

.chm works fine on my work computer with 32bit/Win7, home computer is 64/Win10. Now that you said so, I think it does not by default even know what .chm is, so I probably have made some chewing-gum setup and that is why it's not working. I'll have another look tonight when I get home.

If your Windows (Win 2000 and above) does not recognize .chm file type there are two most likely causes for it.
    1. At some point you had another program installed that was assigned for opening .chm files and later you removed that program from your computer.
    2. You performed a custom Windows installation without installing any help system components which are opening .chm files by default.

So I suggest you check to se if Windows help components are installed and reinstall them if necessary to fix file assignments.

@SilverWarior, good points. Thanks!

Let me get your opinion, I have a version of the help with html files which will avoid the issues with .CHMs. Would this be better? I do like the fact that a .chm is compressed and self contained. Let me know your thoughts.

lgp-helpviewer.jpg
    Last edited by drezgames; 20-06-2017 at 03:25 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast