Thread: Luna Game Pascal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Can't wait to try it out!

Thanks! Testing things now (and finding bugs.... haha). Interesting how when you think you got everything locked down and your ready to go.. you do one more test and find a bug. But good though, finding and squashing them. I read somewhere a long time ago that "every single line of your code needs to execute at least once..." There always seems to be that allusive one-off bug that hides in the corner waiting to spring forth. Or the giant "I gotcha" bug that pops out and makes you rethink your whole design process. Ain't programming fun? Haha!

Version 2017.1.alpha released!

I got to go to sleep, but I noticed the chm does show Contents and index, but not any text in the main window.

1) are you able to display any .chm file on your machine?
    2) there most likely is that security feature in place that locks down .chm viewing on some machines (apparently they can contain harmful scripts??)
    3) if #2, I think you can right-click on the .chm and select "unblock" .chm viewing. (have you have admin rights for the "unblock" to show up)
    See this link

Let me know.

Thanks.

.chm works fine on my work computer with 32bit/Win7, home computer is 64/Win10. Now that you said so, I think it does not by default even know what .chm is, so I probably have made some chewing-gum setup and that is why it's not working. I'll have another look tonight when I get home.

If your Windows (Win 2000 and above) does not recognize .chm file type there are two most likely causes for it.
    1. At some point you had another program installed that was assigned for opening .chm files and later you removed that program from your computer.
    2. You performed a custom Windows installation without installing any help system components which are opening .chm files by default.

So I suggest you check to se if Windows help components are installed and reinstall them if necessary to fix file assignments.