Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FPCDoom

It doesn't work for me.

FPCDoom_stderr.txt contains:
    Code:
    I_Warning: Loading unspecified wad file: FPCDoom.wad
    I_Error: W_GetNumForName(): PLAYPAL not found!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Valavanis View Post
    Compile and play
    My sourceforge downloads include only the source code and the compiled executable (Win32)
    To run the game you must also have game data (doom.wad or doom2.wad etc).
    If you do not own the original game, you can download the shareware data (doom1.wad) from here.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    It doesn't work for me.

FPCDoom_stderr.txt contains:
    Code:
    I_Warning: Loading unspecified wad file: FPCDoom.wad
    I_Error: W_GetNumForName(): PLAYPAL not found!

You need a wad file with game data. The FPCDoom.wad file contains only additional assets to enhance the game.
    You can grab the shareware wad at http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/...es/d/doom1.wad. Save it to the same folder with FPCDoom.wad & FPCDoom.exe to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Valavanis View Post
    You need a wad file with game data. The FPCDoom.wad file contains only additional assets to enhance the game.
    Oh my bad. I thought you were providing some kind of a "tech demo level" yourself in provided WAD file. Didn't realize it just an extension for the original WAD file.

Any way great work. Game runs pretty smooth.
    The only quirk I found is when you go for instance into Options menu -> Display Options -> Appearance and then you pres enter on Hud ... it takes you to another sub menu from where you have no way of returning back to Appearance menu but instead pressing escape brings you back to main menu. Perhaps adding additional buttons on each menu to return to the parent menu would make browsing though options menus much easier.This is especially rue since your Options menus are much more complex than the one from original game due to all additional settings available

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    The only quirk I found is when you go for instance into Options menu -> Display Options -> Appearance and then you pres enter on Hud ... it takes you to another sub menu from where you have no way of returning back to Appearance menu but instead pressing escape brings you back to main menu. Perhaps adding additional buttons on each menu to return to the parent menu would make browsing though options menus much easier.This is especially rue since your Options menus are much more complex than the one from original game due to all additional settings available
    You can go to the upper level menu using the right mouse button of by pressing backspace on your keyboard.

Nice work, brings back memories

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12