Me too Can't wait ...

I cut one more unnecessary thing. My unconventional developer mode is revolutionary (for 2008 when it was conceived it would have been world-changing) BUT it is also *horrifyingly* costly in man-hours to get it up and running on each platform.

By abandoning it for *all* platforms except win32, I make completing the current refactoring possible during my lifetime.

I spent around a year of my life building foundations for the megahack that worked around exception handling not working in DLLs in fpc 2.6.4 -- but that bug was closed in 3.2 requiring NO such effort. Still no luck in Linux, but then my future Linux and win64 versions won't have any DLLs at all. Only one release build in one executable using one thread for logic.

Enough that I *could* have moved forward with full RPi support as far back as 2016 -- if not for the fact that fpc 2.6.4 for arm was unable to generate working DLLs and I stalled waiting for 3.0x, then procrastinated, slowing down... Had I made this reasonable decision back then... I'd probably have a working game now (even if simple asteroids test). And would not have had that close brush with depression, too.

The quote of my favorite writer applies, "a bullet wonderfully clears your brain even when hits you in the ass" but why did I have to eat covid to realize such simple things?
Trying to learn being more flexible.

On a positive note I finally wrangled the .BAT syntax into submission and redid my entire build.bat for the new paradigm. Short story: use SETLOCAL ENABLEDELAYEDEXPANSION and !MYVAR! instead of %MYVAR% lest woe betide you.